Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Look at the suit:

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/
  02-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Thats ummm interesting. Not too wild about the web lines, would rather have it been all black

But isnt Eddie Brock going to be in this one too? God I just have a bad feeling Spiderman 3 has too many storylines going on and could go the way of the old Batman movies where so many characters ruined the story
  02-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
If it were a different director in control, I'd have to agree with you, but Raimi is stillguiding this and I have no doubt.

Really, could you build an interesting movie around just the Sandman by himself. He's an awesome character, but not as interesting as Goblin or Doc Ock. He's just a thug with powers. Also, Spider-Man 2 combined/compressed a lot of Peter/MJ storylines into that one film and it played fine.

I'm just wondering which female character Raimi and Marvel will kill. History has no love for Gwen Stacy, but with this being the third film (in a 3 film contract) for Dunst, I wouldn't call MJ safe. Read the headline on the newspaper link. You wear a black suit to a funeral.
  02-24-2006, 03:43 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
I'd love to see the Black Cat.
  02-24-2006, 04:28 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Gwen Stacy is supposedly in the film, so she could be the one to die. Also the black suit you see is NOT Peter Parker/Spidey, its supposedly Eddie Brock/Venom who is like a "dark-side" of Spiderman in the movie. I agree that Raimi is as much a Spideyfan as we are and will not steer us wrong! I like his origin for Venom much better than the comics version anyway.
  02-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Maybe Sandman is there to get beat to an inch of his life by Peter Parker in the Venom suit or by Venom himself.
  02-24-2006, 09:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 98 posts since Dec 2005
what is Raimi's origin for Venom, or is there a link explaining it?
  02-24-2006, 10:15 AM

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
It goes like this..someone finds some of Spidey's blood somewhere on the street. I suppose after a battle with a bad guy or whatever.I believe this person might be Doc Connors.Anyway, he decides to use the hyped-up blood as a means to do some good like cure cancer. The Spidey blood mutates the cancerous cells in a test subject and thus Venom is born.Pretty cool,huh? Much better than that stupid alien suit crap!
  02-24-2006, 10:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 98 posts since Dec 2005
I always liked the alien suit storyline, but that would almost have to be a movie by itself, for an audience to figure out what the heck was going on with Spiderman and space. But yeah, I think this way is more "believeable" and I think the storyline will be much easier to follow.
  02-26-2006, 04:05 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I just watched Spiderman 2 and was absolutely blown away by the action scenes.