Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-18-2005, 12:20 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Spoilers, I am just going by tv.coms description:

__________________________________________________ _____________________
Fifty years in the future, the history of the Justice League is the key to Batman's darkest secret...and his final destiny.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

But this episode could finally show the fate of future Bruce, afterall we saw the fate of Terry in the final ep of last season afterall so maybe this flashback ep will take place AFTER that episode occured. Maybe have Old Bruce don the old outfit once more and fight with the League one last time but maybe die in battle.

Has JLU been renewed for a Third (fifth) season??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I saw something on an animation site earlier today that this season is it for JLU. I dont know how true that is.
  06-18-2005, 12:29 PM

Verified Member

It would make sence imn a way after all this is the last of the old TAS stuff left. I mean they have already moved on with "The Batman". And if ratings sag I bet it won't be long until they start having other JCU gueststars etc.

So if this is the last JLU episode I hope it shows a montogue of future stuff, like what happens to Lois Lane etc. And the end of Bruce in the future, but afterall its only a 21 minute show it can;'t be full of too much sadly to tie up all loose ends. But they could try

Brent

06-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
JLU and Teen Titans are currently renewed for a 5th Season.
  06-18-2005, 04:29 PM

Verified Member

Awesome news. Now to get JL Season one and Two in sets as well as JLU Season One and Two lol. I like to record my own just to watch until otrhers with good skills make awesome sets with menus and cases.

Heck if Warner would just freaking release Justice League the same way in volumes as Teen Titans or The batman instead of this random episode crap we could have the full series. But I highly doubt now they are going to go back and do Justice League since there's what a second JLU dvd coming out shortly.

Brent

06-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The 12th episodes of JLU could have ended the show. And unlike the past, the 12th's credits did NOT contain scenes from the next ep. So ep 13 is a complete mystery.
  06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Even though Warner is releasing JLU - it's in full screen!!!

13th episode is suppsed to feature Batman Beyond universe again.
  06-22-2005, 07:54 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Episode 12, was probably the end of something, that was a good arc though also anyone know if JLU will be back to hour long episodes? hour long episodes covered so much more...
  06-22-2005, 08:00 AM

Verified Member

Im pretty sure its just a standard 13 half hour order

06-25-2005, 10:00 AM

Verified Member

EPISODE 13 SPOILERS BELOW

SPOILERS:

From tv.com:

Episode Review:
Justice League Unlimited
Epilogue

"Exactly why I watch this series"

I'm actually really happy that Timm got his ultimate ending out of the way...so that when the real ending does come, he doesn't feel the need to do this sort of a story again. He, or whoever wrote this.
I said it last week and I'll say it again...I don't need these kinds of shocks as a viewer or a fan. This episode just makes me appreciate the old "clunkers" even more because at least they didn't rewrite history. Critters and Chemistry have straight-forward storytelling at least. I mean, I don't mind the writers experimenting, flashing back or jumping around if there was one interesting, important story being told. But what this episode ultimately proves is that nothing it explores was worth exploring. Prior to this episode, Terry had no problem dating Dana or being Batman, or not hearing regular "I love you" 's from Bruce, so the conflict in this episode is all forced upon the character. Terry is rewritten as some dark, angry man who is consumed by the duties of being Batman. To compensate for the change in his character, the episode jumps far into the BB future, which is a pretty simple way of telling the audience "don't expect anyone to be the same as they once were since everyone changes". Bruce is more motherly, Terry far ruder than Bruce and Dick ever were, and Amanda four times as calm and pleasant.

The episode started post-intro (YTV messed up so I don't know what came before the first commercial break spot) with an older Terry in the Batcave, the scene in black and white. He's yelling at a much older than he was in BB Bruce, saying "How could you do it?" We cut to and old Amanda Waller, in color, offering that same Terry some tea. Terry's mad with her too...and wearing a leather jacket. Back in the cave, Terry compares what Bruce did to him as Joker did to Tim Drake. Bruce is really ill, and can't open his pills. Terry and Dana, in a black and white scene, break up, despite the fact that she doesn't care about the danger she could be in as Batman's wife. Waller sits Terry down and tells him about the time when Ace's powers evolved to the point where she could create reality based solely on whatever she imagined. The League (Star Girl, Dr Light, Batman, Shayera and Red T) fight a new Flush Gang in a park filled with multi-colored trees (think Willy Wonka) and beat the gang. A plane comes down with Waller inside, and she hands Batman a device that will presumably electrocute Ace, who is going to have a cerebreal hemorage/anurism, and will likely kill everyone when that happens. Shayera takes the device but Batman says "It's okay I'll do it" in a Wake the Dead reference. He walks towards the castle surrounded by thorns (Disney's Sleeping Beauty) which Aces' mind has created in the park and the forest parts. Inside the castle walls there's a beautiful tower (just like the one Prince Phillips climbs in Sleeping Beauty to wake Aurora), and past that Ace on a swing set. She tells Batman about how she gave the new gang powers in the hopes that they would play with her, but they didn't. The only people who ever played with her was Cadmus, but it was all just testing. She knows she's going to die, has read Batman's mind and knows he won't use the device to kill her, and asks him to sit by her, which he does. They hold hands while he waits to die naturally. In the park, the League sees the forest, trees and castle disappear and Batman re-emerge. Cut back to Waller saying that's the Batman she knew...and she also believed the world would always need a Batman. She tells Terry about how she chose his parents based on their mental similarities to Bruce's dead parents, then implanted Bruce Wayne's DNA into Warren McGuinesses blood stream using nanotech, which would affect his reproductive organs. Terry is half his mother, and half Bruce. When he was eight though, after leaving a Grey Ghost movie remake, Waller had sent Andrea/Phantasm

06-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
You know Brent, I almost got the feeling that they might be setting up to bring Batman Beyond back. A new Batman Beyond with a mature Terry McGinnis set to take over the reins of Bruce Wayne.
  06-26-2005, 01:39 AM

Yeah, Marcus...keep dreaming. Warner doesnt even do right by the series that ARE going strong. Do you SERIOUSLY think they would bring back a defunct character when they mistreat the current ones?!? SERIOUS WISHFUL THINKING!
  06-27-2005, 04:22 AM

Greg, I agree with your statement, but think about it doesn't that sound like something they (WB) would do based on their past performance?

The 13th ep of JLU really doesn't have much to do with the JLU. The conclusion of the episode is that the world needs Batman. He is the greatest superhero ever but he has no superpowers but his wits, his mind, and his heart which makes him the most powerful of all-this is to paraphrase Amanda Waller.
  06-27-2005, 09:26 AM

That may be the case...if so, bring back Batman:TAS not Batman Beyond. The suit used in that show DOES give him powers. The old Bruce Wayne used it to enhance his strength, quicken his reflexes, etc...in other words, to battle the ravages of age moreso than to battle villains. I still believe there is no way in HELL that show is coming back!
  06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I doubt the show is coming back but I would never rule out a series of direct to home movies, WB has stated multiple times they will keep releasing Batman Beyond and Batman TAS movies regardless of the shows status well into the future, after The Batman vs Dracula that is coming out we are supposed to receive a new BB movie that was shelved when the Batwoman BTAS movie was released, its alternating in schedule
  06-27-2005, 09:50 AM

Verified Member

I think I should get Allens first Gen recordings from KidsWB of Batman Beyond. There could be a awesome set made replace the JLU openins and closing on this one with BB. I think it would be cool

Brent

06-27-2005, 10:06 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

I think I should get Allens first Gen recordings from KidsWB of Batman Beyond. There could be a awesome set made replace the JLU openins and closing on this one with BB. I think it would be cool

Brent
I have the entire Batman Beyond series .... four times.

1 on SP VHS, 1 on S-VHS, 1 on DVD from the S-VHS, and 1 on DVD from a trader I knew back in the day (he started DVD before I did, in fact).

Patience, my friends.

Actually, you'll find the CN airings of BB are better than the WB ones. There were some unkind commercial breaks on first-run WB BB that I remember. And CN has original credits, often with NO voiceovers.

I never shared the DVD sets because they're not as good as they could be. The S-VHS DVD set had a new BB logo to cover up the CN logo, but it was a bad logo job. The other set can be grainy and has a few flukey errors (it is an early 2001 set, after all). I don't believe anybody else online has these two sets.

Of course, if you want to make one, more power. But just to let you know I have plans for this one, in case you're already over-extended. I really want to see it again, so I may bump it up in my queue after I finish current stuff. I've also got all the crossovers from Zeta, JLU, etc.

That 7-DVD set sucks.

06-27-2005, 10:53 AM

Verified Member

They only thing I hate about CNs treatment of BB was that they removed the opener and only included the title cards Thats my only beef with what i saw from them is all Otherwise I thought it was good

Brent

06-27-2005, 01:09 PM

I have two different sets of Batman Beyond; the 7 disc set and a 11 disc set- both aren't bad. I actually prefer my 11 disc set. There is some guy whose website in entertainment1st.com who has it plus the movie on 3 discs.
  06-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

They only thing I hate about CNs treatment of BB was that they removed the opener and only included the title cards Thats my only beef with what i saw from them is all Otherwise I thought it was good

Brent
No they didn't. Not on these, at least. They reversed it. The opening theme played, the title card showed, and then the ep played. They did the same on X-MEN Evolution.

The WB versions often had part of the show, the opening, the title card, the rest of the show. CN tends to re-arrange. I almost prefer it that way. I've never been a fan of shows that start on the show, and not the intro credits. It's often too tempting for syndication to outright cut the pre part. Luckily CN didn't.

If you have BB without the intro, you likely have the afternoon Toonami one, and not the evening/nighttime run.