Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I absolutely hated the movie. I was so pissed when it was over. So many complaints, the comic book nerd in me definitly was enraged
  05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I was definitely not impressed. The canon was not only stretched, it was torn and used to wipe nether regions. Too much was changed, and as many of you know, I actually prefer "elseworld" or "what if" type stories almost more than the mainstream ones. They did it to be "more realistic", of course, but some of the genetics and telekinesis was just way overboard in terms of reality.

We got almost no character development of any kind. The girl that played Kitty is 19 going on 20, so feel free to drool, she's legal. I really wanted to see more out of the new characters like Juggernaut.

Not a bad movie, but not great. I'd really like to see an X-MEN 4, just for the sake of fixing what they have broken.

If you think about it, that's what superheroes stories are all about. Screw up something on a large scale, something that would have destroyed normal life in the real world, and killed normal humans. But for a superhero, it's all about how they overcome all odds. The movie ended without them fixing everything they screwed up, though we get some half hints (which would usually lead to a sequel, but box office will determine that one).

05-26-2006, 06:52 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
i was pissed
  05-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I saw this last night and I was a quite disappointed in this film, not one ounce of the film followed the comics and found they crammed so much into one film nothing was developed properly.

I was expecting alot more from the phoenix, instead she stood their acting pretty and barly did anything till the end, even that was poorly done. (apart from killing professor X and scott, but even their deaths shed no tears)

I was expecting some sentinels to come into play alot more, instead all you saw was the head in the danger room. Especially when the president said if they wanted a war we will give them one.

considering trask was in it, i thought they might at least bring one. instead we got the so called cure. where's the legacy virus?

juggernaut, the worst development ever. he's charles step brother and didn't even utter a word to charles when he went past him or even tried to hurt him.

Even the famous cannonball by collossus and wolverine didn't seem right when they did it.

Overall this film was not up to scratch, too many holes in it and too much fast paced for a x-men film. Nothing was done to keep it in sync with the comics and no development for the characters either.

It was like putting 100 comics into 1 film and not doing anything with it. True i wasn't expecting much from this film, but i thought they could of at least done alot more to it and not leave it with so many holes that they end up ruining it all together.
  05-27-2006, 01:52 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Curtis,

Why'd you have to go ruin it for those of us who haven't seen it? I'm usually in favor of detailed explanations on things, but in this case, a review similar to Marks would've sufficed!!!

BTW....The same goes for LS, though he didn't screw up quite as bad.
  05-27-2006, 02:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
considering the titile was did you like x-men 3, its general that it will be talkback thread for anyone who seen the movie itself. If you havn't seen it why read the thread?

this is why i avoid threads like these, as i know they contain spoilers.
  05-27-2006, 03:17 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
so is it actually worth going to see? and did any of you see the 'lil clip at the end of the credits?
  05-27-2006, 04:07 AM
Verified Member

The lil clip at the end last maybe 1 minute and was sooooo not worth it
  05-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
All I m going to say is.... We Have a Cure. DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY THEM!

The end. lol
  05-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ninjastriker

considering the titile was did you like x-men 3, its general that it will be talkback thread for anyone who seen the movie itself. If you havn't seen it why read the thread?

this is why i avoid threads like these, as i know they contain spoilers.
Okay, I saw the film today...While it wasn't the "best" X-MEN film you'll see (the 1st was for me), it was STILL worth going to see. The Phoenix was an intreguing character, and Beast...WOW! The only people who "hate" this film are those X-MEN fans that wanted the movie to be directly translated from the comics, and as we've seen from past Comic book adapted films, that just isn't going to happen.

Now on to Curtis, yes, one would think that you can say that you enjoyed or disliked a film WITHOUT giving away too much info. about the film, couldn't you? Starting these types of "did you like it" threads is fine as long as one posts (either in a header, or at the begining of his/her post) that he/she is going to use a "spoiler-filled" response. The point is, next time please wait until at least Monday to "spoil" a film, it gives most others a chance to go watch the film, as well as making for better "water cooler" or board posting material. Wouldn't you say?
  05-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Verified Member

I dont know how you can you even say "The Phoenix was an intreguing character" Dan, there was NOTHING Phoenix like in the movie at all. It must have cost too much to do any effects outside making her resemble Dark Galadriel from Lord of the Rings!

This movie sucked, as a non comic story it was only mediocre. No character development and way too many cameos. As a comic story it was horrible
  05-27-2006, 11:45 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu

I dont know how you can you even say "The Phoenix was an intreguing character" Dan, there was NOTHING Phoenix like in the movie at all. It must have cost too much to do any effects outside making her resemble Dark Galadriel from Lord of the Rings!

This movie sucked, as a non comic story it was only mediocre. No character development and way too many cameos. As a comic story it was horrible

Sorry Mark, I should've said, she's intreguing in a "uuum uuum" kind of way. Yes, they could've developed the character more, but with only an hr and a half of run-time (they should've made it 2 1/2 hrs), what should we have expected? I wouldn't say this movie "sucked" either, it wasn't great, but it didn't "suck". That said, even the most reasonable minds will disagree from time to time.
  05-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Verified Member

We can only hope if they do a X-Men 4 they get better script writers, do not rush it and do the Days of Future Past storyline. Either that or have Bishop come in through a time warp to explain this was all a time paradox...I mean anyone who has watched X-Men or read the comics knows time travel explains a lot of mess ups

Even though we can agree to disagree I think we can all 100% agree that this was not the movie we expected and that there was a letdown
  05-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Too many people died...they have to have that cure as a "Temporary" thing. Or do the time travel thing as Mark said.

That Danger Room was pretty cool though.

If they do the time travel idea...they should have Bishop, Cable, Apocalypse and Sentinels in the movie.
  05-27-2006, 04:19 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
This movie was definitely NOT good, but still not the worst superhero movie..that title STILL belongs to Daredevil with Fantastic Four running a close second! Brett Ratner should be castrated for making this movie then forced to eat his own manfruit. No character development is probably the understatement of the century in relation to this movie.
  05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The thing about Leech is his powers have never been permanent. And then we can always rely on Wolverine's immune system to "cure" the cure. Wolverine saves the day again, eh?

What I want from X-MEN 4:
Next movie needs big Sentinels, a fall-out from the X3 movie. All cured mutants now uncured. Xavier is back and explain some sort of physical change in him too (and even make his legs still not work, explain it away as his mind preventing him from walking, done that before). Kitty and Colossus. Bring in Gambit, and something happens to Rogue where she finally gets super powered. Scott was just lost and had amnesia. Jean resurrected as final spoiler. Some time travel with Bishop would be good, help move the story somehow. Get a good script writer, give 2½ hours for the movie, and this can all happen plus a little more to make it original and not comic re-hash.

Maybe not follow 100% canon, but danged well respect it.
  05-27-2006, 05:00 PM

Verified Member

Ouch Tekken, that sounds pretty painful Perhaps those in charge of such decisions should allow a group of fans to write, produce, and direct the next Marvel comic to film adaptation, can't be any worse than what's currently being churned out by the studios and complained about by the movie goers...
  05-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Verified Member

What was sad for me is the Danger Room scene was almost better than the entire movie

Another part that would have made me VERY happy if is Bobby when he was fighting Pyro had iced up like he does in the toon and then told him "Its not Bobby,its ICEMAN!", Icing up over the jacket and saying "you should have stayed in school" just did not give me the YEAH factor since Pyro has been riding him for 2 movies
  05-27-2006, 05:23 PM

Verified Member

see, Mark's already trying his hand at writing and directing J/K carnalito
  05-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
. I say xaiver is the kid in the room they rescued . Or a long lost son hmmm ??? Anything is possible with Hollywood. Wait!!!! I have the perfect ending . To end all endings ! X-MEN : The soap opera vs Passions

Where's little timmy the midget