Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
And most of all bring back Bryon Singer!! I think I'm going to wait for X-3 to come out on DVD.

05-29-2006, 01:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 59 posts since Jan 2006
Send a message via AIM to ksmoothe1
This movie was HORRIBLE PERIOD !!!!

VERY UPSET. TOO UPSET TO STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS.

A) They killed or messed with too many key characters

B)Brett Ratner has no clue what fans want. Has he ever cracked open a marvel comic ??

C) Acting from Hugh and Storm was no where near on the leavel of X1 / X2

Xaviers death..wtf was that. Look like some left over special effects from "Lawnmover Man"

Cyclops death ?? Didn't even realize he was dead. They showed nothing...

This is a classic example of what happens when a good director is replaced by a subpar. I was worried when Bryon Singer left to do Superman but at least we know Superman will turn out alright !!!!

The movie was rushed to hell and back....literally.

The only good part was the fight scene in Jean Greys house. For the characters that were in the last 2 movies like rogue and cyclops...I'd be mad as hell with the barely 5 min cameos.

Even the battle between Pyro and Iceman was shabby as hell and I was REALLY looking forward to that fight almost as much as the Wolverine Juggernaut..

The only props were Juggs calling Kitty Pride a "Bit.H"

And of course Stan Lee's cameo..lol

Ending suxs period. I haven't been this put off since the comparison of Micheal Keaton Batman and the George Clooney Batman...again we had a change of directors....

Man this suxs

We have to kidnap Bryon Singer !!!
Who's with me ???

We didn't even get to see an actual Sentinel...just a lopped off head ??? WTF ???

Here's to hopping Spidey 3 can give fans what they want....

I haven't felt this lost since the 2nd Matrix......
  05-29-2006, 02:51 AM

Verified Member

What happened to the tough arse Wolverine we come to know and love ????

He was a little pansy fruit through out the whole movie. Nothing like the feral animal we saw in x1 / x2. There was barely a wolvie fight scene that was better than the wolvie/deathstrike fight in x2. He was more feral in x2 as the soldiers raided the x mansion. Did Hugh somehow forget how to portray Wolverine. If he stays like this then I can't see going to watch a Wolvie solo flick....

I give this movie 3 claws down......
  05-29-2006, 02:49 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I enjoyed the film. Then again I was never into the comics that much (though not entirely lost on them either).
I understand that fans of the comic would be upset by changes, but they still have to make the film so that people who have never read an issue would be able to still follow and enjoy the film. Had they stuck strictly with what was in the comics, a huge percentage of the viewing audience would have no idea what was going on in reference to past events and relationships with the characters and so forth, etc.
I think many of you may have been a little too hard in your review of the film, but thats just my take on reading your opinions on it.
  05-30-2006, 10:23 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Did anybody else have a problem with Leech stealing Juggernaut's powers? Does anybody who makes a comic book movie, besides Sam Raimi, READ a dang comic before they do it??? Juggernaut's powers are MAGICAL from the gem of Cyttorak NOT a mutant power. Also, when Wolvie is fighting the guy throwing daggers in the woods and gets stabbed in the belly, he pulls the blades out. Ok, fine, he would heal, but his CLOTHES wouldnt. In the next shot, Magneto pulls him through the air and his shirt has NO holes!!! C'mon, people, is there not a continuity director for crap like that?? Again, not the worst superhero movie but pretty dang close!!!
  05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I agree a lot with what you said Robot but by the 3rd movie in a series those who had no interest or did not care about the license would already be phased out.

What you said usually only pertains to the 1st movie in a series of which I agree wholehearedly since you are trying to get as much of a general audience as possible, but heading into a 3rd film generalizing it will only violate the fan base which is most of what the audience will be.

1st impressions matter most, 3rd impressions do not.
  05-30-2006, 11:47 AM

Verified Member

I still found the film very enjoyable, though I prefer the 2nd installment out of the three. Im sure the 8 zillion director changes, and actor turn downs for various characters (gambit being one) did not help the film much either (which led to more script re-writes). I did not care so much what has happended in the comic as I knew it would really nt be following it. I took the film for what it was without worrying about every little detail.

I think if you went into the film as that, just being a film and not so much carrying the massive history from the comic, perhaps some of you would not be as upset as you were.
  05-30-2006, 02:49 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robot

I think if you went into the film as that, just being a film and not so much carrying the massive history from the comic, perhaps some of you would not be as upset as you were.
Robot, how in the world do you think you can make a comic book movie(especially one with the fan base and longevity of the Xmen) WITHOUT bringing the history of the comic into it. For one, the guys that the movie companies want to repeatedly see the movies are the comic book fans. The same goes with Superman,Batman, and Spiderman who all have longer histories than the Xmen.If they werent going to use the history of the comics, they could have called the movie MUTIES or whatever and done whatever the hell they wanted.
  05-30-2006, 04:25 PM

Verified Member

You can bring certain elements into it (which they did), but you have to expect change and things not to follow the comic to a "t".

You cant just sit their and say well they didn't do this, this and this, blah blah blah, because you are just ruining it for yourself basing it on what they should have or could have done, to what they did do and enjoy it for what it is. The film itself really was not bad, but if you bring into it every minute detail from the comics then yes that would bring it down drastically. And even at that point they kind of merged most of the x-men series into one (borrowing from each). Again I just really fail to see how this was such a bad film other than the fact of changing a few items around.

Similarly
I heard the same type of complaints about character change from the silent hill film and that still turned out to be suprisingly pretty decent

also while on this subject of x-men comics, I made a post in the off-topic forum some of you may be interested in
  06-06-2006, 02:16 AM

Verified Member

Cure not permanent ????

I'm watching x3 ...last scene where magneto is looking at the chess board. Attempts to use his powers and the Chess piece wiggles ????

Maybe I was too upset when I watched this the first time to notice.
  06-06-2006, 04:07 PM

Verified Member

I took that scene as being, yes the cure is permanent, but since Magneto was so strong, he actually beat the cure (or more in the sense of his powers were too great for it to fully have a true lasting effect)
  06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I would bet things are elaborated more on the DVD release, there are probably some more scenes we did not see. Anyone remember X-Men 1.5?

Probably might strengthen some other storyline and plotholes too
  06-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Verified Member

I took it to mean the opposite. That the cure was not permanent. Almost a way of leaving the story line open. Magneto got hit with more than the average amt. of dosage. He got hit with about 4 needles by the Beast. But anyhoo...I was watching it and happen to notice it. That would also explain in the event of a possible 4th movie, the coming back of Mystique and other "brotherhood" mutants. And of course the scene at the end of all the credits shows that Charles is still around....now...what about Scott...hmmm....??????
  06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Scott is just lost.
  07-01-2006, 04:19 AM

Verified Member

Scott being pissed off after noticing how short his role was in X3 wandered off the set and married Lois Lane in the new Superman movie.....lol