Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
4Kids in New U.K. Pokémon Deal

NEW YORK, June 20: Cartoon Network UK has licensed season eight of the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon: Advanced Challenge, as well as the 22-episode package of specials, Pokémon Chronicles, from 4Kids Entertainment.

“This exciting partnership with Cartoon Network UK represents an important part of our strategic plan to keep the Pokémon brand very much front and center in the U.K. market,” said Brian Lacey, the executive VP of international at 4Kids Entertainment. “Cartoon Network is an excellent destination for kid viewers, especially as we look to establish a new fan base among the next generation of children. The Pokémon Chronicles, never before broadcast outside Japan, will delight Pokémon fans and provide Cartoon Network with an outstanding promotional punch.”

The global lineup of Pokémon already includes Sky One and GMTV (U.K.), TF1 and Fox Kids (Frnce), Mediaset (Italy), RTL2 and Fox Kids (Germany), VT4 and RTL-TVI (Belgium), TV 2 (Norway) and Televisa (Mexico), among others.