06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
guys & girls,

anyone on this forum know if i can get cartoon network, boomerang, fox kids via satellite/cable (other than sky) and for a one off payment for the equipment?

in other words, are these channels free to air once i get the equipment or are they pay per view?

by the way, i'm asking all the UK members of this forum.

cheers
  06-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Those channels are not on FTA digital Ku-band. I don't know about C-band, but that's a huge dish for several grand.

Once upon a time, you could illegally hack satellites, but the encryption has surpassed the hackers these days, so most systems are now hack proof, and some have been that way for a year or more (which is a VERY significant result on their end, it is unlikely it will be cracked). So don't fall for somebody's fake scam of "get it all free".

You'll just have to sell your soul to Rupert Murdoch (owner of SKY, News Corp and the infamous FOX News). http://www.freepress.net/hallofshame...php?id=murdoch

Sorry.

I had to sell my soul to Microsoft (Paul Allen > Wired World > Charter cable/internet services) to get cable tv.