Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I was wondering if any East Coast CPSers were planning to attend any part of Wizard World Philadelphia. If so, I'd love to get together if possible. I'm waffling about going on Friday or Saturday - the attraction for Friday is the chance to get a limited edition Daniel Jackson figure at the Diamond Select booth before they sell out, but Saturday is often easier to get to for me. Let me know - if there's interest, I'd love to check out the brew pub that's nearby ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I wish I could join you but I'm going to Anime Expo this year.
  05-23-2006, 03:28 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I ll be at the comic & Toy convention in July
http://www.pittsburghtoyshow.com/

At least I hope to go this time lol

August, I ll be here http://www.pgh-renfest.com/ for certain. We missed the last 2 yrs.

This year we are definitely going. I m in my element there

Check it out. It's a great time ; without all the over priced. over crowded, amusement park crap.

I want some meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

I also Enjoy Theater in The Ground ( The Mud People ).
  05-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
Olde england(tm) in america lol
  05-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Ye' hit it right on thy money. Sir Wigam the Jolly from Westshire
  06-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I just got back from working Fanime last weekend. Love the girls playing dress up. Short little skirts, thigh high stockings, skin tight space suits, etc.. etc..
  06-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I only spent about 90 minutes at Wizard World. Got my Stargate SG-1 exclusive figures, drooled over the Diamond Select booth and the prototypes for the upcoming SG-1 and Buffy lines, grabbed a couple of trading card sets I hadn't gotten yet, and booked out of there.

Con was smaller and less populated than in previous years. No bootleggers in sight, which was kind of weird. Crappy freebies, which surprised me, considering X3 opened just last weekend - I thought there'd be something there. I wish they'd sell dealer's room only tickets - it kills me to spend $25 just to get in the door so I can hit 4 booths.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.