Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Im sure most of you who collect know this, but if you dont, their is a company called eagle one media (www.eagleonemedia.com) who have been officially putting a ton of these older/newer series to view on dvd- rom

I found out about them as they just released the older Deadworld comic series on a cd-rom

but they do offer 40 years of
spiderman (501 issues)
X-men (485 issues)
fantastic four (550 issues)

and more.
The issues are in adobe pdf format. A great way to collect or find out more about the history without spending a fortune in trying to actually get all of these comics individully.
  05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
i was just going to post this myself.

who was the bloke who wanted to scan all his comics himself? asked opinions about a scanner some time back on old cps.

eagleonemedia might just save him creasing up his comics.

there are plenty of such sets around which you can get for free. i won't mention how you can get theses sets. and i cannot say which set will be better.

the only 1 thing i have against comics being scanned, either as cbr/cbz or pdf format is that either the word balloons are too small, say when you see a double spread fully, and then the text is unreadable, or you zoom in to read the text and see only a partial image.

i think the best way forward is for something like flashmedia to be used. you should have the control to view the page as a whole, or make each panel jump out/zoom out. also, lets say you view a double page spread fully, you should then have control to pop up each word balloon in the order they are meant to be read. this way, you can see the beauty of the whole picture and still be able to read the text.
  05-31-2006, 08:07 AM

Verified Member

well one main source for the CBR type scans was just shut down today (piratebay.org)
  05-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
did they officially get shut down today? I know they have been shut down 3x before but it was only temporary.

That comic on dvd thing sounds neat
  05-31-2006, 10:52 AM

Verified Member

ok then maybe its a potential 4th try. They give the full info about the servers being confiscated by the police, etc