Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
BCI Eclipse and Entertainment Rights are releasing the classic '80s toon Blackstar as a two-disc set on August 22.

Blackstar is the story of astronaut John Blackstar, whose ship was caught in a black hole and crashed into the planet Sagar. He was rescued by the tiny Trobbits who ask him to save the planet from the cruel Overlord. The Overlord rules by the might of a sword called the Powerstar, but the sword splits into two swords: the Power Sword (possessed by the Overlord) and the Star Sword in which Blackstar uses to keep the Overlord at bay.

Blackstar aired on CBS in 1981 and aired for 13 episodes. The toon features the voices of George DiCenzo (Hordak and Bow from She-Ra) as John Blackstar, Linda Gary (Teela from He-Man) as Mara, and Alan Oppenheimer (Skeletor from He-Man and Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon) as the cruel Overlord.

The set contains all 13 episodes on 2 DVDs and is loaded with special features.
  06-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I am SUPER excited, I can finally put away the 16mm films I have and the VHS tapes
  06-22-2006, 05:03 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I still have a bunch of the toys from this show.
  06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Cool, I get to see it for the first time