Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
$12 at Best Buy
$10 at DeepDiscountDvd.com

BCI release entire 13 episode series on 2 discs with fan notes

#Interviews with creators Lou Scheimer, Michael Swanigan, Marc Scott Zicree, Michael Reaves, Robert Kline, Robby London and Ted Field.

#"The Magic of Filmation" documentary tracking the history of Filmation, and its quarter-century legacy of popular animated and live-action series

#Full episode audio commentary track for Episode 2 - "Search for the Starsword" featuring producer Lou Scheimer and animator Mike Bennett. Hosted by Andy Mangels.

#Full episode audio commentary track for Episode 13-"The Zombie Master" - featuring creators Michael Reaves, Marc Scott Zicree and Michael Swanigan. Hosted by Andy Mangels

#Image gallery of original "heroes and villains" model sheets and sketches, plus a gallery of presentation artwork and backgrounds uses in the series

#DVD-ROM features - scripts for all 13 episodes, 5 complete storyboards
  08-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Whats Blackstar about? I don't really remember it.
  08-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Verified Member

It was basically He-man before He-Man came to be, astronaut gets lost in time/space and lands in a foreign world where there is a struggle between good and evil.

Power Sword is broken in half, the light and dark halves. He rode a big green dragon and have a bunch of hobbit/dwarf friends.

Great stuff and the 2 DVDs for being $10-12 for the set is amazing. Puts releases like Ninja Turtles to shame
  08-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I forget did they ever reunite the sword or did the series end too quickly??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-22-2006, 09:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
[quote]Originally posted by markatisu

It was basically He-man before He-Man came to be, astronaut gets lost in time/space and lands in a foreign world where there is a struggle between good and evil.

Power Sword is broken in half, the light and dark halves. He rode a big green dragon and have a bunch of hobbit/dwarf friends.

I love your synopsis of the series

I don't remember was there a moral for the show like every other Filmation toon?
  08-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Verified Member

No there was no morals. The morals started coming along with Fat Albert and He-Man for the most part.

Its a shame though because Blackstar is a really good series, its kind of like he-man meets buck rogers.

Brent- I will let you know when I watch the final episode lol, its been so long that I hardly remember anything and this is stellar transfers from the original masters of Filmation (never aired in the UK so this is probably the first time outside the VHS releases anybody is seeing the masters)
  08-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Sounds good. Also did you get my last e-mail yesterday to your .org addy about 90210 etc it was after your first reply to my e-mail??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-23-2006, 02:09 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I still have quite a few of the toys from this show
  08-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I never saw this show....???? Have to add it to my want list . For a later date :P