Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
This was one of my favorites.

Can't wait

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5895
  06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
BCI Eclipse and Entertainment Rights are bringing two classic '70s toons onto one DVD box set--Space Sentinels & The Freedom Force: The Complete Series.

The Space Sentinels is the story of three young heroes--Hercules, Mercury, and Astrea--who were transported to a far away world to stop the forces of evil. The cartoon premiered on NBC in 1977 and aired for 13 episodes. It features the voice of George DiCenzo (She-Ra & Blackstar) as Hercules.

The Freedom Force features five legendary heroes: Hercules (from Space Sentinels), Merlin, Sinbad, Super Samurai, and Isis. Together they protect the world from every dangerous threat known to man. The cartoon aired on CBS in 1978 as part of Tarzan and the Super 7 and features the voices of Diane Pershing (Flash Gordon and Batman: TAS) as Isis and Michael Bell (G.I. Joe, The Smurfs, and Rugrats) as Merlin, Sinbad, and Super Samurai.

All five episodes of Freedom Force will be combined with all 13 episodes of Space Sentinels into a two-disc DVD box set loaded with extras, including a documentary that traces the history of Filmation productions. The box set will be released on August 22.
  06-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Awesome. One of my favorites as well.

I hope they release Manta and Moray and the other shows that were part of the Super 7.
  06-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Oh, and that cover art is awesome. I really like that BCI is making it look similar to their He-Man and She-Ra sets.
  06-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Yeah all their cover art is being done by the same 3 people so it will all match or at least should all match.

It still amazes me a small company like BCI (who before the MOTU releases were only notable for releasing cheapy horror flicks and low cost movies) can consistently put together complete packages with documentaries while a company like Warner Bros just craps all over a release like Thundercats (with S2 V1 being worse then S1 V1 in terms of content)