Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
David Goyer, executive producer of Spike TV's Blade: The Series, said that the show's star, Kirk "Sticky" Jones, has something in common with Wesley Snipes, who played Blade in all three feature films.

"He's got that kind of innate charisma that Wesley has, where you just like watching him," said Goyer, who wrote all three Blade films and directed Blade: Trinity. "He's just interesting to watch, and that's kind of the difference between maybe an actor and a star. And I do think Sticky is going to become a star.

"And he certainly been working on his acting chops for quite a while now. He's been acting for almost 10 years. A lot of people know him now as an actor and not as a former rapper."

Goyer said casting the lead role for the series proved to be "incredibly difficult."

"There had a been a lot of people on the Internet and message boards saying, well, the new Blade should be this person, the new Blade should be that person," Goyer said. "And there were some obvious potential choices to go to and we looked at them. But we also wanted to cast the net wider and we auditioned a lot of unknowns.

"And very late in the process Sticky came in. He had a recurring role in The Shield and he had been in a short-run FX show, Over There. And the bottom line is, he just blew us away."

Neil Jackson, who plays the show's villain, Marcus Van Sciver, said Jones has captured the essence of the character.

"He's done his homework," Jackson said. "He's worked with Avi (Arad) and all the people at Marvel, and he's read all the comics. He's gone back, watched the films and taken what he wants from the films."

Blade: The Series premieres on Spike TV on June 28.

06-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Reviews have been not very encouraging, but I'll still give this is a shot.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-24-2006, 03:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by debwalsh

Reviews have been not very encouraging, but I'll still give this is a shot.
Not looking to forward to it either. I'll give it a chance though.
  06-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I finally found some time to watch the Blade pilot. It was okay I guess. The story was sort of predictable at times, and the characters were mostly disinteresting.

I don't think I'll be recording it past the pilot. Depends on how bored I am and how much free time I have.

07-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I watched it. The guy looks okay. Acting needs improvement. They should have found someone with a deeper voice lmao!

It throws the entire character out of place. Bad *** Half vamp with a nice guy voice lol

That's what making not work. Maybe after a few more episodes . Or a season under his belt.

He'll learn to do that in acting class lol Or dub some other actor with good voice.

Some of these television producers need to go back to the basics.

Remember

English 101 - Your tone sets the mood.