Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-21-2006, 01:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Does anyone know which is the up to date and most reliable comic book price guide to get?

I've been out of the comic book scene for a while and i want to get a up to date comic book price guide. Partically i would like one which also covers signed comics as well.

I don't want a online version, as i want to buy the actual book itself.
  09-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Overstreet is the best out there.
  09-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Wizard magazine for popular titles on a monthly update.
  09-22-2006, 12:10 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I like Wizard too, but the prices are usually inflated. I think Comic Buyer's Guide is good as a reference but it is only bi-monthly. Does Overstreet have a monthly price guide? I remember I used to wait for that thing to come out every year. The thing was like a Reader's Digest but weighed like a ton.
  09-22-2006, 09:01 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Wizard's prices are based on shops from the West Coast seeing that they are based out west. Overstreet's prices are based on the East Coast. Wizard doesn't list everything in their magazines on a monthly basis, just the hot/popular titles. Overstreet lists everything in their books, but only releases a book every year. This is both good and bad as prices can fluctuate a lot in a years time and are hard to reflect in a book that comes out yearly. Although Overstreet explains the issues in more detail such as all the different variant covers and such.

There is another alternative, its called the Comics Buyers Guide. I believe it comes out monthly. It used to be in a newspaper format, not sure what its in now, but you can see what each dealer is getting for their books and just figure an average from the different dealers as they are from all over. But Overstreeet as far as being detailed on each isssue and the happenings for those issues.
  09-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Wizard's offices are in New York. At least they were. I used to do favors for the Managing Editor some years back. In return, I got some cool freebies.