Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

03-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Carol Burnett is suing Twentieth Century Fox for copyright infringement, claiming the studio's Family Guy animated comedy used her "Charwoman" character without her permission in an April 2006 episode, Reuters reports.

Burnett is seeking $2 million in damages for copyright infringement and the violation of her publicity rights.
  03-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
This is probably nothing more than a grab at the limelight. Burnett is largely forgotten today. Something like this will probably be settled out of court, resulting in her getting a paid guest appearance on a future episode. Being animated, it's easier to fall under the fair-use parody exemption, as it pokes fun at AND pays tribute to her older (and much forgotten) comedy piece.

03-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
She needs the money.