Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
will spielberg produce?
i have lost faith in him since jaws and e.t.
jackson i'm not sure about either.

well we have to wait and see i suppose.

================================================== =================
Hollywood heavyweights Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are set to tackle a new film trilogy about beloved comic strip journalist and adventurer Tintin.

Both filmmakers have long been fans of the heroic young character, who was created by Belgian illustrator Georges Remi, under the pen name of Hergé.

In March, Moulinsart Studios, which holds the rights to Tintin, announced that Spielberg and his company, Dreamworks, had committed to producing at least one Tintin film.

Spielberg, Dreamworks and Jackson have been quietly developing the new project, according to the industry publication Variety.

The Tintin trilogy will feature work by Jackson's New Zealand-based special effects house, WETA Digital, which was behind the amazing effects in his acclaimed The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
================================================== =================
  05-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I think it'll work out well. But I have my doubts (as usual) that it'll be a faithful translation. It'll be more like a "based on" type of work.

I like Tin Tin too. Even if it is partially French.

I have the DVD releases from Australia.