10-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I'm trying to deceide which set to buy, should I wait till Tuesday and pick up the Matrix Trilogy on Blu-Ray, or should I go ahead and buy the Trilogy on HD-DVD? I've read the reviews on amazon.com for the HD-DVD set and they are positive for the most part. Now, with the Trilogy being released on Blu-Ray, one can (most likely) expect a great quality set.

Which would you buy? Why? Why not?
  10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
HD-DVD is cheap, and if you have a player, why not? The Blu-Ray may look better, but may not -- it's not a given that it will look better. In many cases, HD-DVD was far superior in image quality. It all depends on how well that particular set was done.

10-12-2008, 11:17 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 130 posts since Jul 2007
Id go with the blu-ray even if the hd set was a low a 10$. Hd-dvd is dead and burred you'd most likely end up regretting it down the road if you got the hd set. Most blu-ray have far better audio too if you have a sound system. The video should be the same if not better, from what I hear from others they say the blu-ray usually looks better to the hd-dvd? Heres a link you should check out
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/300/matrix_umc.html
  10-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
What you're saying just is not true, however. It all depends on how the disc was made. Both essentially used identical compression formats for audio and video. But the company doing the work on behalf of the studio was not always equal. In general, many of the HD-DVD releases were superior to the Blu-Ray versions of movies.

If the HD-DVD version is known to be good, if you have a HD-DVD player, and you can get a great deal on it, there's no compelling reason to get the Blu-Ray one.

10-14-2008, 07:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Go with either.I have many Hd-dvd's and Blu-rays and don't really notice a difference between the two.You can get a LG-BH200, which you can run firmware on it and it'll play Hd-dvd/blu-ray/upconvert standard dvds to 1080p and it'll play all burnt disks, region-free and PAL as well as NTSC.All that for around $300-400 tops.Great buy.
  10-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
lol i see it for around 600$
  10-15-2008, 03:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

$399 on bestbuy.com

cheaper on ebay, or do a pricegrabber.com search.You can get them easy for $300-400.And they play everything you stick in them.I loved the fact that I have the ability to play Blu-ray/HD-dvd and still play all my sets and movies upconverted at that!