Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
For those people on the board who are caught up in "Transformers-Mania", I found the Australian BOX Set of the Original Transformers animated series for sale on ebay Australia:

http://tinyurl.com/2ajk8b

It's the exact same retail set that is sold out on most Australian online retailers. It should also be noted that these sets are substantually cheaper than the OOP Rhino releases available at either ebay or amazon.com.

08-11-2007, 03:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
do they featuree the same screwed up sound and picture that the rhino dvds had or these actually what you saw and heard on tv
  08-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
What was wrong with the Rhino discs?
  08-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I encountered no sound or picture issue with the rhino discs I have.
  08-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Verified Member

You need to read this article. I noticed it immediately (back when this was first released) with the first season set. This sums up the errors a bit more. Scroll down until you see dvd criticism

wikipedia: http://tinyurl.com/2ora7g

08-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DAN_D

I encountered no sound or picture issue with the rhino discs I have.
I didn't either.
  08-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Verified Member

If you check the link I listed (which explains it in more detail), the problems were not flaws but added sound effects and premaster television footage in which a lot of the animation was not yet complete. Rhino made attempts to fix this on their own. I do not see how anyone could not notice the extra and over bearing sound effects with the first season (particulary a lot of the laser shots)
  08-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I have almost every single VHS release to date. Did the Rhino VHS releases have these same problems?
  08-25-2007, 07:22 AM

Verified Member

as far as my knowledge goes no they did not. The extra sound effects were added in for their bullcrap 5.1 audio mixes. The problem was that the 2.0 sound also kept the 5.1 soundeffects.