Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Brandon Vietti is one of three directors of Superman Doomsday, handling the first act, but he told The Continuum it was a little like directing his own movie.

"The first third of the movie is very self-contained," Vietti told The Continuum. "So, in this case, we're establishing all the characters, of course, and we're bringing the audience into this world, that I think is a little different than the Justice League show. With all the introductions and big action pieces, it's fairly self-contained."

Lauren Montgomery directed the second act, with Bruce Timm handling the third.

"It wasn't too difficult," Vietti said of splitting up the duties. "Of course, you have to keep an eye on what's coming in the second and third parts and there's some hooking up that needs to be done."

Vietti worked on Superman Doomsday after four years as a director on Kids' WB!'s The Batman. He said he enjoyed the opportunity to work with Timm again.

"Bruce brought me into the business for The New Adventures of Batman/Superman," Vietti said. "That was my first job in the industry. It was just great to come back and work with him again 10 years later."

Vietti said he definitely remembered "The Death of Superman" story that the film is based upon.

"Oh, yeah. I used to run to the comic shops when those were coming out, with everyone else," he said. "I bought my 20 copies and put them in the plastic bags.

"The movie's got some parts that are faithful, but obviously there are some surprises to it, too. But I think through the script, fans are goods in hands."

Vietti, whose credits also include MTV's Spider-Man series, is now working on Legion of Super Heroes. Look for comments from him on that show soon here in The Continuum.

Superman Doomsday will be in stores on Sept. 18. Look for more on the film soon here in The Continuum.