Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
According to producer Greg Weisman, Kids' WB!'s upcoming The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series will be formatted to accommodate both television and DVD.

The series will be set up in arcs, much like comics stories are geared for trade paperbacks.

"We're doing 13 individual episodes to stand alone to air on the Kids' WB!" Wesiman said. "But every three or four episodes also has to work as a DVD, because they're going to be released on DVD by Sony.

"So we wanted as much as possible for those to play like a movie. It won't be the same as if it was written just as one piece as in a movie, but as much as possible, we wanted each unit of three or four episodes to have cohesion to them. And then we wanted the whole season to have cohesion.

"So there's a lot of subtle, not hard to get, but intricate plotting to it."

The villains in the first arc will include Vulture, Hammerhead, The Enforcers (Ox, Fancy Dan and Montana) and Electro.

Other first-season villains will include Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Green Goblin and Venom, and the show's creators have hinted at the formation of the Sinister Six.

In other Spider-Man notes:

* Jamie Thomason is the show's voice director. Thomason's credits include last spring's TMNT and numerous Disney shows since 1991.

The show is being recorded in California.

* Weisman himself wrote the first episode.

* Anna Watson will appear in the show.

* The animated trailer that was shown at Comic-Con International and is now online contains actual dialogue from the series.
  08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
That sounds very 60s. I like it.