Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
The Superman Homepage reports that the new DC Universe animated movie Justice League: The New Frontier will make its world premiere at WonderCon 2008 in San Francisco on February 22-24.

The movie will feature the voices of Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks, The Doors, Showgirls) as Superman, Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under) as Batman, Lucy Lawless (Xena) as Wonder Woman, David Boreanaz (Angel, Bones) as Green Lantern, and Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser M.D.) as Flash.

Creator Darwyn Cooke and executive producer Bruce Timm will also be special guests.

The movie will be out in stores on February 26, 2008.

UPDATED November 17, 2007: DC Comics' President and Publisher Paul Levitz was interviewed at the WonderCon website about The New Frontier and DC's new direct-to-video animated projects. Levitz discusses how The New Frontier will differ from Superman/Doomsday and states that Cooke and DC's Dan Didio "have started conversations about a next project in the New Frontier timeline." The site has also reprinted portions of older interviews with Darwyn Cooke himself and DC's VP of Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck. (via Comic Book Resources Comics Reel)
  11-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
You know I really don't like it when they change the voices. I feel it is unfair to the originals voices that made the series successful.
  11-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

You know I really don't like it when they change the voices. I feel it is unfair to the originals voices that made the series successful.
I totally agree with you. Why can't they just do it right?
  11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This movie is not related to the series, is it? Wasn't this set in a "Golden Age" type of setting? We're talking Hal Jordan here, not other GLs. And WWII style Wonder Woman.

Unless I'm confusing it with another direct video release?