Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

01-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Actress Emmy Rossum (Poseidon, The Phantom of the Opera, The Day After Tomorrow) has continued to post Blogs in between filming scenes for Dragonball at her official MySpace page. Here's a rundown of the good stuff:

Since the new year I've been back on the set of "Dragonball." In addition to working in Durango, we've been shooting in some pretty remote yet stunning locations. So, I've been litterally "out of range" for a few days at a time. We shot in Mexiquillo, about 2 hours outside of Durango where the landscape is amazing and looks - in places - much like the forests of New England. The dense green trees reminded me of New Hampshire and Maine, and made me feel very at home. The sunrises and sunsets are really spectacularly beautiful.. Mexiquillo is pretty remote, and there weren't any hotels around, so we were actually "camping" in log cabins, all together. It was exactly what you'd imagine, campfires at night with smores and kumbaya... Okay, maybe not kumbaya, but we did do the smores! Its been a LOT of fun, especially bonding with the cast. All the actors get along great! After only a few weeks shooting we already have inside jokes and pretty much know each others life-stories. I've been listening to some harder music to access the edge inside me to bring to the character, some Lincoln Park and Dream Theater. I'm enjoying developing the character and training, learning to ride a motorcycle has been thrilling.. Its manual, so I've been learning all about clutch and throttle (don't laugh, this is all new to me!) And I think I'll be able to drive a stick-shift car after this film too!

Right now I am writing from a helicopter (with my costars, Chow Yun Fat, his lovely wife and Joon Park). We are on our way to the desert where we will be filming for the the next few days. I am the lucky one who gets to sit up front with the pilot (who was very careful to instruct me not to touch anything; knobs, controls or otherwise) Chow and Joon are taking pictures in the back and we are having a lot of fun. The landscape is alternating between, rolling sand dunes, green mountains dotted with cactus and farms layed out in geometric order with terracotta colored earth. I want you all to see what I see, so I'll upload some pics later when I can connect my camera to my laptop. Also, I'm attaching a picture from the cockpit right now!

A day later, she posted the following:

I'm happy to report I'm finding little bits of time on set in between takes to write you. Today we woke up in Torreon, a pretty big city in Mexico, at about 4:30am. We drove an hour to set, just outside Dunas de Bilbao. Our location is, what I can only describe as, a sand dune desert. I've been riding the motorcycle in 4-foot sand drifts since sunrise to get the shot just right. The wonderful, kind and talented Chow Yun Fat is hanging on for dear life in back. We've been doing about 40mph, and over bumpy sand dunes that is enough to make anyone a little queasey. Chow is so kind, so calm and a bit of a prankster (which I love!) and he hasn't complained once. The sand is pretty deep here, and we've had to dig the bike out a few times when it has stalled in the drifts, but the crew and stunt guys and girls are so helpful...

Back to set, I'm really enjoying getting to know Joon Park. I'm not allowed to spill any secrets, but our characters interact a lot in the film.

Written and directed by James Wong, the big screen adaptation co-stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Jamie Chung, Eriko Tamura, Joon Park and Chow Yun-Fat. Fox will release the film on August 15