Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
The CW is developing a series based on Batman sidekick Robin's pre-Caped Crusader days, reports Variety.

"Smallville" executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG, are behind "The Graysons," which has landed a put pilot commitment at the network.

Just as "Smallville" focuses on Clark Kent in the years before he became Superman, "The Graysons" will follow the world of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he takes on the iconic Robin identity and aligns himself with Batman.

"The Graysons" is seen as a potential replacement for "Smallville" should that show end its run this season, which has been speculated. Should "Smallville" return next year, "The Graysons" might also make a strong companion piece.

In the one-hour "Graysons," which will be set in modern times, young DJ will face challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family as he grows up. Souders and Peterson have come up with an original take on the character.
  10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Another superhero pussified by CW.
  10-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Another superhero pussified by CW.
I hear you there LS, I don't see anything remotely interesting about this what so ever.
  10-15-2008, 08:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
What's the point of this show? Nothing interesting happens to Dick until his parents are killed in the circus, which is why he becomes Robin.
  11-08-2008, 09:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
The CW and Warner Bros. TV have been forced to scrap their plans for 'The Graysons.

"The Boy Wonder won't be flying into primetime after all. The CW and Warner Bros. TV have been forced to scrap their plans for 'The Graysons.' Show, which had been given a put pilot commitment, was set to revolve around Batman sidekick Robin in his pre-Caped Crusader days. Decision to yank the project came from Warner Bros. Pictures Group prexy Jeff Robinov, who initially gave his blessing but changed his mind in recent days. 'Warner Bros. TV never had 100% clearance,' said one exec familiar with the project. The CW had been counting on 'The Graysons' to fill the void left by the likely series end of 'Smallville.' Like 'Smallville,' 'The Graysons' is a superhero origins story. Show was developed to revolve around the world of Dick 'D.J.' Grayson before taking on the iconic Robin identity. ...The one-hour 'Graysons' was to be set in modern times and focus on young D.J. as he faced challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family -- a famous juggling act -- as he grew up. (In Batman lore, Grayson was part of a family act called 'The Flying Graysons' and orphaned after a gangster had his parents killed.)"

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Verified Member

Thank goodness.