Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Found a run-down of Marvel's current and future movie projects, it's quite a list. I'll also add in some other SPOILERS I've been seeing other places about Spider-Man 3. So don't read the SPOILER text if you don't want to possibly know a MAJOR plot point.

X-Men 3 - Production starts in August, release May 26, 2006
Info: Brett Ratner is the director and going full steam ahead with the project. The three "main" new characters have been cast, with Kelsey Grammer as Beast, Ben Foster as Angel, and Ellen Page is Kitty Pryde. Beyond this the plot is still a mystery, yet a report recently stated that the first trailer is due around December, possibly with King Kong.

Ghost Rider - Filming completed, release August 4th, 2006
Info: Filming has been completed and the trailer shold be released in a month or two. However, a breif amount of footage was released across the web, though I think the company has taken it off the internet.

The Punisher 2 - Script near completion, release Fall 2006
Info: Thomas Jane has say he has begun to regain his weight from the previous, already gaining 12 pounds. He has also stated that production hopefully will start at the end of this year or the beginning of 2006. As well, a report supposedly reveal some factors about the next movie, such as the strong possibility of Jigsaw as the villian and the title "Punisher: War Zone".

Spider-Man 3 - Near pre-production, release May 4th, 2007
Info: Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace have been cast for still unconfirmed roles. Church is a clear shot for some villian (leads point to either Sandman or Kraven), yet Grace's possible role is really too hard to call. Production should start in January 2006, and filming should be completed by June or July 2006.

SPOILERS: *** The latest rumor I've been hearing is that Church will play the Chameleon and Topher Grace will play The Chameleon. Yep, that's right, they're playing the same character. While this sounds cool, I also find it a little hard to believe. That leaves no big, effects-heavey villain for Spidey to battle. Avi Arad commented on the amazing effects work being done for the sequel, so I'm guessing we might get the Chameleon and another villain (working as hired help for the Chameleon). *** END SPOILERS

Silver Surfer - TBD
Info: Expect some news from this project. Arad and Fox want to work on this project almost as a lead-up to the Fantastic Four sequel.
MY COMMENTS *** Well, this is almost as someone on the board predicted the other day (and I shot down). I think this wuld be AMAZING. Imagine a lead-in movie telling the story of the Surfer and Galactus. The end of the film shows Galactus targeting Earth. This would be continued in FF2. I doubt it will happen. Too much Hollywood BS to correlate, but dang, that would be awesome!

Namor - Director, release 2007
Info: The only progression in this project is a director, Chris Columbus. Beyond that, the speculation on who will don the role is still going strong, with names like the Rock, Jude Law, and even Matt Damon.

Iron Man - TBD
Info: The project has been put on a hiatus, despite the efforts of Gough and Miller, the writers of the script. The last cast news was Tom Cruise's response that he would really enjoy the role, yet his films were in the way. Seeing as M-I:3 is aimmed for a Summer 2006 release, New Line Cinema could just be waiting for the oppurtunity for Cruise to play Tony Stark.

Luke Cage - TBD
Info: John Singleton recently talked about the progression of the project. In regards to news of Tyrese Gibson playing Cage, Singleton said that he has told Tyrese that if he wants the role, he better pack a lot of muscle. Despite this, Singleton still has Gibson as the top choice, and even stating he would want Terrence Howard to play Diamondback, the nemesis of the film. The delay is that he's just not sure what the company wants to do. Stay tuned.

Deathlok - TBD
Info: Only that Lee Tamarohi, the previosuly signed director for the film, has decided to leave the film. What this means for the fil