Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
In 1967, in the midst of the Batman TV craze, two new superheroes came to kid's TV, Captain Nice and Mr. Terrific. All 15 eps of Captain Nice have been out for some time now, all pretty much of watchable quality, but there have only been 2 TVLand episodes of Mr. Terrific of decent quality. I've been sitting on VHS episodes of the remaining 15 episodes of Mr. Terrific, some of which are in English, some in German, not many of them very good quality. Just haven't gotten around to putting them to DVD, especially since some of the eps were poor quality.

Well, this month Universum Film released all 17 eps of Mr. Terrific through the German Amazon.com (Amazon.de). It seems the show was very popular in Germany, where it was named "Immer, Wenn Er Pillen Nahm" (Always, when he took pills). The restoration is well done, and both German and English soundtracks are included! Oh, to be in 2nd grade again watching your favorite TV hero!
Jay (aka neuroslicer)

Last edited by Neuroslicer; 07-25-2009 at 06:23 PM.
  07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Nice news.

Good to see you around, Neuro!