07-29-2006, 01:27 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
The following is a list of the "Top 10 WORST Tag Teams OF ALL-TIME". The criteria for the list includes, but is not limited to: how "memorable" the team was, the (lack) of championship reigns, and generally, the bad gimmics these teams were branded with. The list is set up like so; # 1 being the "worst", # 10 meaning, "The team "could've been something". If you have your own list, feel free to share...ENJOY!

1. Techno Team 2000:

2. Keith & Kent Cole: WCW (1992)

3. The Batten Twins: Indy Feds (1983)

4.The Bulsheviks: WWF (1988?)

5. The Conquistadores (Version 1): WWF 1987

6. Lenny & Lodi: WCW (2000-01)

7. High Voltage: WCW (1996)

8. The Young Stallions: WWF (1987)

9. Badd Company: AWA (1988)

10. The Powers of Pain: NWA (1988)

07-29-2006, 03:54 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
LOL...is it just me or do The Batten Twins: Indy Feds (1983) look like George Michael twins?

07-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Out of your list Dan the only one I disagree with is Badd Company, I mean they were the AWA Tag Team Champions even though they were not the best tag team during that decade.

I think the Powers of Pain should be bumped up about halfway, they were Road Warrior rip offs and never really gelled to me

Where are the Twin Towers (Akeem the African Dream and Big Boss Man), Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk, Orient Express, or the Bushwackers?????

I think there should be ties allowed too So many bad memories over the years lol
  07-30-2006, 08:10 AM

Verified Member

all good choices Mark...I admit the list isn't perfect, and is up for debate, but that's why the thread is up...Anyone, go ahead and post your list, it's all meant in fun ...Oh, and the reason why Badd Company is so low on the list IS because I do feel they were a "pretty good" tag-team, that had they been in either the NWA, WCW, or WWF, could have, and perhaps should've been a "better" set of Tag Champs, (from a noteriety stand point).
  07-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Verified Member

Yeah I agree, for some reason Badd Company in AWA was always a supporting case for Diamond Dallas Page's stable...you rarely ever think of them without thinking of him and I guess time shows us why since he was the one that moved up into the World Heavyweight Picture a decade later.

I think my Top 10 Worst would be as follows using Dans criteria

1.Techno Team 2000
2.The Bushwackers
3.The Godwinns
4.High Voltage
5.Oriental Express
6.Powers of Pain
7.Faces of Fear
8.Twin Towers (Akeem and Big Boss Man)
9.Lenny and Lodi
10.American Males
  07-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I just want to know where the heck are the Ding Dongs. lol
  07-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Verified Member

WEW the saddest part is that the Ding Dongs made it on WWE 24/7 online ha ha ha ha

WCW Clash of the Champions 7 - The Ding Dongs vs. Cougar Jay & George South

07-31-2006, 07:07 AM

Verified Member

Did you know that the Ding Dongs were one of Jim Herds' "bright ideas"? Oh, and I think he also came up with the "Big Josh" and "Juicer" gimmics too? Herd was a guy who know nothing about wrestling or its fans, and almost single handedly flushed WCW down the toilet, much sooner than Bishchoff, or Russo did in 2001.
  07-31-2006, 08:14 AM

Verified Member

Oh, and the Bushwhackers only became one of the worst Tag Teams AFTER entering the WWF. If you remember, they were "The Sheephearders" in the NWA and UWF, where they WERE a hell of a team who wren't afraid to bleed in their matches to both entertain the fans and really sell the story being told in the ring.
  07-31-2006, 08:37 AM

Verified Member

I try not to remember the craptastic tag-teams of the past, we have enough of them in the present.

I'll Comment on Dan D's picks

1.Techno Team 2000; I remember them being in WWF but don't remember a
single match they had.

2. Cole Twins; Did they even use the twin switcheroo gimmick behind
the refs back?

3.Batten twins; didn't one of them have like a skunk line in their
hair and didn't look that much alike.

4.Bolsheviks; I think they were created so there would be 5 against
5 teams for the Survivor Series. And it was still the 80s and
we still didn't like Russians.

5.Sorry dude I liked the Conquistadors; there was a lack of masked
wrestlers in the WWF at this time.

6.Lenny & Lodi didn't care for the team, but I thought Lenny was a
good singles wrestler.

7.High Voltage-your'e right they sucked, wasn't one of them a partner
of Rick Steiner at one time?

8.Young Stallions were actually pretty good in the ring but no
personalities.

9.I totally loved B-A-Double D Company. I thought the superkick
german suplex combo was cool. You also had DDP on the mic and
the Diamond Dolls. I also enjoyed their run in WWF as the new
Orient Express.

10. Powers of Pain--Warlord was a big roided freak. I liked it when
he was a solo act in the NWA. I also thought the Barbarian's
diving head butt was cool. I hated when Warlord became the
Phantom of the Opera and Barbarian became Captain Caveman.

A few comments on Mark's picks--I always thought Bushwackers were
great for what they were, a comedy act. It's like the Red Rooster they're more remembered for the WWF gimmicks than the titles they won during their career. The others I don't mention I agree they sucked. I did like Twin Towers. I thought Bossman had a cool finisher and One Man Gang"The Punk Slapper" doing the pre-Vanilla Ice gimmick was hilarious to me. While I agree I hated the American Males, my friend and I would sing the theme song and when the part came on about American Males we would add the line sucks in the song.
Pillman/Zenk-good wrestlers, but Z-man put me to sleep and Pillman really developed his personality as a heel.

A suck team that wasn't mentioned were the New Rockers. I like Snow and Jannetty, but they didn't mesh as a team.

Another note about the Ding Dongs, I loved when the Skyscrappers beat the snott out of them and the bells fell off
  07-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Verified Member

What was interesting is I saw the New Rockers in person a few times and Al Snow has this way to get the crowd into it, shades of what he was able to do in ECW with head I suppose. But the WWF tag team scene was lacking at the time (Godwinns, Body Donnas, etc) and so they really had nowhere to go and were certainly not being pushed to do anything big. The thing I liked about the original rockers is you always wanted them to win and get the belts, much like the Killer Bees you knew that they would never get the shot (their only title win was off TV) so you almost rooted for them more. I think if given time and a chance to make their own characters instead of trying to rip off the concept of the original rockers that Jannety and Snow could have been one hell of a team!

The Twin Towers main problem for me was Akeen, One Man Gang was always slow and never had much presence over his opponent. If it were not for Big Boss Man that team would not be taken seriously.

And a note to Dan....what tag team/singles wrestler has the WWF not ruined ha ha ha ha

I miss tag teams, even the bad ones are more enjoyable then what we have today
  07-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Verified Member

True there Mark, just look at what they did to the NWO, a stable (in concept) that was one the greatest "in the history of our sport"- (ala Tony Schiavone)
  08-01-2006, 12:14 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
you forgot one from WCW: The Dancing Do-Do's (Alex Wright and the Disco Inferno)
  08-03-2006, 06:03 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rmehta2

you forgot one from WCW: The Dancing Do-Do's (Alex Wright and the Disco Inferno)

The Dancing Do-Do's?

Was that what they were really called? I remember them teaming, but I don't remember the name.
  08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Tony Orlando & Dawn

Captain N Teneal

Danny Terrio & Martha Quinn

08-06-2006, 07:24 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cp32

Tony Orlando & Dawn

Captain N Teneal

Danny Terrio & Martha Quinn

You're kidding right Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree, Muskrat Love, Love will Keep us Together Classic

When did the Dance Fever King and The VJ Babe team up? On a 70s retro cd infomercial? lol
  08-06-2006, 07:32 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
lol...yeah they weren't officially called the "Dancing Do-Do's" but that was Tony Schiavone's name for the tag team. Regardless, they were terrible anyway.
  08-06-2006, 07:39 AM

Verified Member

I liked dancing Alex Wright better than Berlin. I never cared for Disco. I had a friend who loved him. Was he the heaviest cruiser champ before Oklahoma?