09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
Is there anyway to access the hard drive?
  09-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Good to see you gatch, was wondering what you've been up to!

I don't really know about the DirecTV DVR. Those are pretty much closed systems. Is it a TiVo based DVR? Some of them may be able to use that TiVo service (TiVo Desktop, used to be called TiVo To Go), but not sure. But again, I don't think that works for DirecTV's TiVo, only the plain TiVo service boxes.

I think you're stuck with re-capturing, using a DVD recorder or capture card in a computer.

The overzealous Hollywood crowd is afraid to let you keep the recordings on your computer hard drive (but not the TiVo hard drive?) -- which really doesn't make any sense. Re-capture looks fine, and this won't stop anybody from buying DVD releases when they come out.
  09-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
There is also info here: http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_hacksleeper.php
But it's old and very model specific.
Read through that, it may help, it might not.
  09-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
Thankx for the reply. I'm always lurking on here! But always happy to be a longtime member on here!