Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

08-31-2005, 09:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2005
once i make a capture, it seems that halfway through the video the sound goes out of synch. what could this be? what program do i use for editing audio, to erase a second or two from the audio and then putting it togheter with the video?
thanks.
  08-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Nope, usually this cannot be fixed. The capture device was dropping frames, but only video ones. The audio frames were not being dropped. You need to make sure you're not dropping frames.

What hardware and software is this?

08-31-2005, 01:35 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2005
i am using a ads dvd express and the capture wizard 3.5. i know it is not the best but i am just capturing some personal stuff. is there anyway to fix this?
thanks.
  08-31-2005, 09:28 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
I used to use an analog to digital conversion box from Pinnacle to convert VHS tapes to DVD, but the device was horrible at dropping frames. I would have to go back with software (I used Vegas) to delete either audio or video frames to keep them in sync... a painful job! Since I got the JVC DR-M10S dvd recorder, I just plug the VCR or the analog camcorder directly into the dvd recorder to capture it to DVD, and edit it on the PC with Womble's MPEG Video Wizard. You can pay big bucks for an analog to digital converter (e.g. Canopus ADVC100) but for the same money why not get a dvd recorder that also records shows off TV?
  08-31-2005, 09:47 PM

What format does the ADS DVD Express capture in?
You may want to go look around videohelp.com and talk to more ADS users.

What I can say is most people hate their ADS.

09-03-2005, 05:39 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 9 posts since Jun 2005
I had the same sync problem with the MSI TV@nywhere. I wouldn't recommend one to my worst enemy. Switched to a Hauppauge PVR-150, and sound sync problems disappeared completely. The Hauppauge has a problem with a slightly blurry picture, and lines in recorded animation appear dashed. I'd post a link to a picture to let you see the dashed line problem, but I don't have a site to do that.

Anyone recommend a good tuner card?

09-03-2005, 06:24 AM

Dashed lines? Blurry? Sounds like you deinterlaced.
  09-04-2005, 10:24 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Yeah, cause I use both the PVR-250 and PVR-350 with flawless results.