Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 129 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to bratac19 Send a message via Yahoo to bratac19
What would make a computer stop burning?

1. I have a brand new burner. Not the problem.
2. No matter what program I use, Nero, DVD Shrink with DVD Decrypter, or DVD Shrink using Nero for burning...the same thing happens...It goes thru the entire process but the actual "burn" is not achieved.
3. You know how after a disc has been burned you can look at the disc and see the "burn etchings"? Well I don't see those.
4. Now, every now and again, I will see those etchings, but the disc will not play. It's like the disc is not being "closed".
5. When I use Decrypter, when it gets to the end of the burning cycle, it'll stay on "synchronising cache" for 10-15 mins. Then move to closing track for another 10 mins then it completes...But it doesn't burn...

Any guesses?
  05-13-2009, 12:14 PM

Ok...today I just wanted to see if the burner was in fact working. So I made a CD. It worked as advertised. Perfectly. So the burner is fine.

But the dang thing won't burn any video files. I even tried different media, TDK, Sony, Memorex, even an unknown brand. It will not burn on any DVD.

Nobody has any guesses?
  05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
What burner is it? Brand and model #

The discs you're using aren't necessarily very good.
Memorex, TDK and the unknown brand all probably CMC media -- same discs.
Sony is good if from Taiwain -- crap if from Malaysia (read "made in" near barcode of spindle or package)

Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden may work better.

What burner? It might simply need a firmware flash, being "new" doesn't mean a whole lot, unfortunately.
  05-14-2009, 07:00 AM

It's a Lite On SATA 20X (ATAPI iHAS220 6)

Up until 2 weeks ago there was no issue. It burned fine on all types of media. Then, one day it just stopped.
  05-14-2009, 07:05 AM

What is a Firmware Flash? And what is it doing screwing with my computer?
  05-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Download new firmware, and read instructions, located on this page: http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?...per&Itemid=153
That might help solve the issue.