Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

06-09-2005, 05:51 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Alright, I have the ILO DVDR04 ... upgraded with latest firmware

okay.. problem.. almost everytime i record something.. on to dvd+rw and I use dvd decryptor to put the files on my computer.. it says " PACK HEADER NOT FOUND " well, after that, it finishes... so I'll load my .vobs into womble mpeg vcr, and half the video is gone, or it freezes on a frame, and its gone... whuts causing this?!

my media is SONY 1x-4x DVD+RW I even have some free media from supermedia store ive tried, does the same thing.. its also +RW.. any help, Thx!!!
  06-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
Are you using IFO mode?
  06-09-2005, 06:25 AM

file mode, and ive tried that one too ( just not on my latest disk ) ill check it now
  06-09-2005, 06:36 AM

i did that now, no errors, but half the shows aren't there now.. 2 of them are missing...
  06-09-2005, 08:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 124 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to tobal2
did you record some of the shows continuously (i.e. one long recording for some of them)? If so they'll be combined into single files in IFO mode and you'll have to edit them through MPEG-VCR.
  06-09-2005, 09:16 AM

tobal, thats not the problem.... all the vids are messed up, the frames are frozen and doesn't show the rest of the video... and in decryptor all I get are PACK HEADER NOT FOUND... so nothing works... and the last recording I done.. 3hrs... none of the vid is good so that was a waste!
  06-10-2005, 12:08 AM

Alright, I ran up to the local mall thats like 1 min from my house... picked up some Maxell DVD+RW, because they didn't have verbatim or fuji or anything.. and I was getting fed up with this, so I took a gamble... well. so far, burned 2 things with it, and its been fine when ripping to my comp.. *crosses my fingers* anyhow, Thanks Guys!! if you ever have a prob with something, try atleast 5 differ medias, because on my 3rd media, it has been fine
  06-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
It would nice if you could look at the media IDs of these discs, brand name doesn't really help.
  06-10-2005, 06:17 AM

LS I understand, but the media I had wasn't working out for me... and this is, so im good to go Thx tho, i'll get some media IDs up here in a few.. from each brand
  06-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I was reading over at videohelp.com about this very same problems. Seems the ILO model hates certain media and when you find one that works it is wise to stick with that brand all the time, they note Maxell DVD+RW's as one of the only ones that seems to provide flawless records and flawless scans in Nero's scanning software
  06-10-2005, 03:07 PM

yea, so far... recorded about 5 disks since I've picked them up.. pefect so yes, this is a damn good dvd recorder then!! hacked, no macro, region free whut more could u want also, a hackable 3 hrs record mode
  06-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Is everything still going OK, been thinking about picking this up for the bedroom in a week or so