Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

01-26-2006, 04:49 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 239 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to Turtle_Titan
We get three channels and fox is barely watchable I know the antenna is part of the problem. It just broke, but it barely worked to begin with. Can somebody recommend a good one?

Thanks!

~Tony
  01-26-2006, 05:14 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I have a Philco antenna. It ran about $40. Came from Wal-Mart, I believe. Basically, if the antenna costs less than $30, it sucks. Use that as your guide.

I use this to record my local WB station. My analog cable company has my WB on a garbage channel, forced to use an antenna if I want good reception. And I do actually get quite nice reception. Of course, I'm less than 10 miles away from the primary transmitter array of D/FW Texas.