Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-24-2006, 04:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, are all duplicators picky about media etc? i have a duplicator that santa brougnt me for Christmas that works out great most of the time. when i do have a problem with it, it usually has to do with an error with the disc i am transferring to or burning. i have problems with all types of disc including discs considered good media here like tys. i have found that i have less problems with verbatium than any other type of disc. since i'm not a techie, i thought i might ask here about this. let me know. thanks
  05-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Duplicators are just 2 burners (or 1 burner, 1 reader) crammed into a controller case. Many of them are using subpar drives, and often they have outdated or beta-grade firmwares inside. That's the biggest problem with them. You can fix this by taking it apart, and flashing the drives in the computer. May want to look into it, visit a site like cdfreaks.com and ask for some help on it.

05-24-2006, 06:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Yep, and make sure you use the same manufacturer's drive in the duplicator. I was having issues with mine and ultimately found out it was the DVD-Rom that came with it. I couldn't understand why a Pioneer DVR-109 was burning like crap, then put in a another DVD-Rom, same problem. Then I switch to 2 Pioneer drives and just like that perfect burns each and every time.