08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
Q: anyone here can point me to where i can download good dvd menu templates? either for dvdwksp2 or dvd lab pro.

Q: anyone point to menu creation process guides/ebooks?

tttttaaaaaaa.........
  08-15-2006, 09:57 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I have made a few templates for dvd workshop 2, which i work from for my menus. I can e-mail that to you later when i get home.

As for creating menus, it all depends on what you want to know and trying to achieve with the menu itself.

All you really need is a good program like photoshop and several pictures to work from. I am sure LS could do a guide for you, (not one up on digitalfaq)

But i found its best to learn by expermenting yourself and try different ways of doing a menu. Just use photoshop or dvd workshop 2, and experment with the pictures you got untill it works.

Most of my menus is basic menus that works, most of them did need some work in photoshop.

At the moment i am trying something alot more advance and creative that's if i can get it to work the way i want to.
  08-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

ta curt. when i get home i'll email you a couple of snapshots of what i've created so you can make a comment or two (nice comments mind! i bruise easy ...)

but like yourself, i'm trying to learn how to get one better than static image + menu text to select episode.
  08-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Verified Member

good people, could one and all suggest how to improve these menus?
all are static bar rockford files which plays the intro sequence.

please critique it, but be gently ... i bruise easily!

08-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I like the Frasier ones but you might want to check the text on the TV, it looks like it could be a little hard to read. The Rockford Files I liked a lot, that bar that leads out to Season 5 gives a nice designed feel.

The Cheers ones the font looks really nice, not too sure about the background images. But I think you are headed in the right direction.