10-08-2006, 02:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I think I spelt that right. Ok here is the problem. We (Dad, Me, Wendy) went to the annual MBCA FallCon yesterday. Got some cool stuff, pic with Batman by the Batmoblie etc. We got home and here my sister Wendy bought the Batman '60s tv series for me as surprise from Erik Cagle. I know, a bootlegger lol. But I had commented how it would be neat to see it again at home as Batman was playing the tv series on the wall use a DLP projector, very sweet machine, I AM getting one heh one day Ok well back to the dvds, they were made on Verbatim 8x DVDs, shocking for Cagles stuff. Ok so I popped the dvds into my UN-trusty Panasonic lol, they did not work........

Ok I threw them in dads dvd/vcr combo as well as Wendys and they worked.

UGH.

Ok so I decided to put them back into my recorder, nothing again so I decided to try a hard boot, I unplugged the dvd recorder, cord from machine forcing it to go into the reboot cycle or whatever it is called lol, I forgot what its called. heh. But by doing that they work. So is it just a bad burn, should I make a new set??

These are off tv land with a shot of batmans chest as the menu. Is this a older set, is there a newer set out there? The quality looks very nice, obviously he did not make them himself.

Wendy also was excited, she told me after the Con that he had the Smurfs the full collection all 335 episodes. I told hger as far as the most expert Smurf collectors on the net know there are only around 270-275 atmost. And that I hve no clue how he is coming up with that figure.

She said she was going to get the Smurfs, but decided on Batman for me.

I ALMOST told her about me getting the set from LS, but I stopped myself, I just dont want her wasting her income, its so limited and for her to drop forty on Batman was bad enough

I am paying her back heh, I already owe her $275.00 LOL.

I hope I can find out whats up with these discs

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  10-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Run them through cdscan (I can send you the program through email if you want) on the PC, you will be able to tell easily if they are bad burns or not. With Verbatim media I doubt they are bad, its most likely your POS DVD Recorder lol

The best set of this is the one Joker and Phillip worked on together, it was 24 discs I think. I have it coming to me if you are in no rush but I would suspect that is the original set since the new one is based off Canada airings and TV land ones.

And you are 100% correct I bet he is flipping Roman's Smurfs set. With that thing you just have to say a million shorts and nobody except die hard smurf fans will know the difference or care. We all know if there was a better Smurfs set available someone would have spotted it by now.
  10-08-2006, 03:16 AM

Verified Member

Sounds good Mark. I definately want to get Batman. And I can wait just as long as I can watch this on one of the tvs its ok for me for right now

And it is probably my POS DVD recorder as it wouldnt even play Allens Young Indy DVDs.

Its the Discs lol, I cant even copy the first dvd it stops with errors halfway threw lol. So no reburning for these heh.

Brent

10-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Verified Member

Just watch what you can and then I will take care of you in a few months with the good set
  10-08-2006, 04:00 AM

Verified Member

It has to be my POS Panasonic, or a combo of the panasonic and the discs lol, as it works now ugh lol.

I will be making a seperate thread of my haul later on as I go threw the four or five bags

Brent

10-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The set from Joker and Phillip is 30 discs. The stuff Erik Cagle sells is crap.
  10-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Verified Member

Whatever it is I am getting it from Phillip lol
  10-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Mark, your set is burned and waiting. I wanted to get Tom and Jerry Kids done for you. Hopefull sometime this week.

It seems like I've seen the set Brent is talking about. I think I had it at one time. It used some archive photos of the chest areas of various costumes for menus. Not a bad set, but again, Joker's set is the best one (if only a little bloated).