12-27-2006, 04:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Nov 2006
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano
I have got my DVD recorder set up and have recorded couple of episodes of a show just for a tester. I have finalized the disk and now need to convert from this format onto my pc. Where do I start? If it is to difficult or if explained else where let me know. Any help is appreciated as im new to this and a slow learner. lol
  12-27-2006, 04:53 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Lordsmurfs site will help you with what you need to make sets - www.digitalfaq.com , but these are the programs you will need -

dvd decrypter - to rip the dvd to your computer
mpeg-vcr - edit the file
dvd workshop 2 - to make the set with menus
photoshop - to create the menus.
achohol 120 - burn the image file.
  12-27-2006, 05:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Nov 2006
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano
Ok thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. Ok just one last thing. How much will all of the software cost to purchase? I already have DVD decrypter.
  12-27-2006, 05:55 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I have all the files and serials you need and can send it to you. i am putting a disc together for spookyfox anyway, so just e-mail me your address and i will send it to you when i do my post run in a week or 2 time.
  12-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Start with DVD Decrypter first, rip the video in IFO mode, as a single stream, following the guide on digitalFAQ.com

Next, look at editing out commercials with an MPEG editor. My favorite is Womble MPEG-VCR, but it really depends on what kind of DVD record you are using, that determines which MPEG editor will work best for you. So, what DVD recorder (brand,model) are you using?

I can also give you a few things to get you started (you'll need broadband to download them), e-mail me about it.