Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

11-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I was recently given a vintage Sega Master System I by my brother over the Thanksgiving holiday. The system came complete with the cables and controlers needed to play with the system. My question is, has anyone that has a Master System know of any way to connect the SMS to the television using the Red, White, and Yellow cables & ports?
  11-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
dang lucky i want one of these. when i was a kid it was either sega master system or nintendo. but went with the nintendo but i always wanted the sega master system too.. especially for the rampage cause it had the wolf guy.

11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The SMS came with composite and mono audio output wires.

Replacement cables are on eBay. Search for "sega master video" (that exact phrase) and several $4 buy-now auctions pop up.

I've had this system since 1984. One of my favorites. It's a shame light guns don't work with HDTVs. Finally have a huge tv, and can't play gun games.

11-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Thanks for the help LS, I found the cables on ebay, just like you said I would.
  11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Little Blue men :P
  12-01-2007, 02:14 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
mods for what you originally wanted do exist

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/grou...m/891009834731

or this nifty adapter on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-MASTER-SYST...QQcmdZViewItem