Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
I have been trying to remake a set of tales from the cryptkeeper and a few of the mpgs are out of sync. even on the sources dvd itself are out of sync.

This is the problem. the audio/video match perfect at first but then when it gets to the first commerical break that was cut out it goes out of sync by 200 ms. How do i fix it from that point only and not before that? then at another spot where its soposed to be a break it goes out of sync another 500ms. I know the exact point they change but how do i change them at that exact point of each time it goes out of sync? So i need to fix 2 out of sync spots.

01-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 707 posts since Jun 2005
I would split the episode into the amount of different audio sync parts you have and fix them. I would then join all the files together once the files are all synced.

There are programs that split an avi into parts so there have to be some that split vobs/mpgs as well. You could also record where the audio sync starts to mess up.
  01-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
cool since i convert it to uncompressed avi while i touch it up i will just split the avi up with virtual dub then rejoin the with virtual dub in sync. hopefully it works out.

thanks
  01-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Verified Member

ok i fixed it came out back in sync :-)
  01-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is incredibly easy to fix in Womble MPEG Video Wizard, when it's something that goes bad at commercial break (as opposed to gradual sync loss, or if it's an AVI file). In general, what has happened is the audio has drifted 1 GOP (15-18 frames), about a half second. Not a lot, but enough to be very visible drift.

TDA is guilty of sloppy editing, one reason to NEVER EDIT IN TDA. Just ask allaboutduncan about his very first version of Krypto some years ago, where his set was utterly obliterated by TDA. Markatisu's set of Aladdin has no drift issues, but his files are technically butchered by TDA and almost impossible to re-author smoothly (a project I started, but was forced to quickly abandon until later).

Uncompressed AVI, re-sync'd in Adobe Premiere, is another method. If you need Premiere 6.5, ask. That version is very low-footprint (unlike the "CS" versions), meaning is needs less CPU and RAM to operate (512MB-1GB is fine, unlike the CS hogs that really need 2-3GB to work well). Procoder and MainConcept both plug into Premiere as exporters from the timeline.

01-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Verified Member

ok good information if i get another out of sync mpeg. but what i did worked out perfectly. I just split the uncompressed avi into three parts(Saved each one uncompressed of course). I made sure each was in sync perfectly by changing the ms to the right amount of time. than i just re attached them all again with virtualdub that you gave to me and re saved 1 big uncompressed avi file. It came out perfectly especially since where it goes out of sync the 2 times was on a black screen.

Thanks
  01-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Rick goes techie? WOW!! Who 'd thought a goofly little man had the will to get an A