Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-24-2008, 02:13 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 55 posts since Feb 2008
I have a recorded/custom DVD that has a part of the video where it looks like the video and audio are going double speed. I've tried a bunch of stuff to fix it, videoredo/virtualdub but if I slow it down to 50% in any audio program it sounds wrong as well. And it's just one section the rest of the video is fine, has anyone ever seen this or heard of it?
  05-31-2008, 02:29 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I need some more details. So both video and audio are screwed for this one part? Did you make this disc? Is it possible whomever made it actually hit the fast forward button while recording?

If you can copy it on the pc does thie issue still persist? It sounds like a framerate problem, in the sense of two sources being used but they joined them together anyway. Please more detail
  06-16-2008, 12:41 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 55 posts since Feb 2008
Nope didn't make this one, and from what I can tell I don't think the person hit fast forward, I'm hopefully getting a copy of the disc from someone else who said they didn't remember the problem in their copy. Kinda weird, I've never heard of a problem like this with doing a straight copy of a disc. And this disc has multiple menus and videos so it's not a DVD-R deck to DVD-R deck copy either.
  06-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's a framerate issue of some kind. Somebody tweaked something when they should have just left it alone. Was it originally PAL or NTSC -- whatever it's not now -- by chance?