Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

02-18-2009, 01:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 21 posts since Mar 2006
I can't record shows from my dvr to my dvd recorder any longer. I had no problem with this until last week. I get a "Program Not Recordable In +VR Mode" error message. Anyone know a work around? I have a ton of stuff on my dvr that I want to put on dvd.
  02-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
u need a stabilizer
certain channels and shows wont let you record.
  02-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by konfusion

u need a stabilizer
certain channels and shows wont let you record.
What kind of stabilizer? Do you have one in mind? This will solve the copy protection problem?
  02-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
What recorder, what kind of disc, etc.
  02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i bet its a philips dvdrecorder that i have.

http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html

right there
kinda expensive but can record anything with it
  02-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I've run into that a few times with my Philips, and I just put the stabilizer inline, and that took care of the problem. It's only certain shows, and the effect is completely random, so I only inserted the stabilizer when it's needed. I haven't encountered it for several months.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  02-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by debwalsh

I've run into that a few times with my Philips, and I just put the stabilizer inline, and that took care of the problem. It's only certain shows, and the effect is completely random, so I only inserted the stabilizer when it's needed. I haven't encountered it for several months.
My recorder is a Philips. I'll look into getting the stabilizer. Thanks for all the help!
  02-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Verified Member

ya exactly just use it on shows that wont let you record