Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Haiti earthquake: How to help

A list of charitable organizations active in the nation
The U.S. State Department Operations Center said Americans seeking information about family members in Haiti should call 1-888-407-4747. Due to heavy volume, some callers may receive a recording. "Our embassy is still in the early stages of contacting American citizens through our Warden Network," the U.S. State Department said in a statement. "Communications are very difficult within Haiti at this time."
Text to help
For those interesting in helping immediately, you can text to donations that will be charged to your cell phone bill. (More information)
Text-message words and codes for donations to various organizations include:
  • Text the word "HAITI" to "90999" to donate $10 to the Red Cross.
  • Text the word "QUAKE" to 20222 to donate $10 to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund.
  • Text the word "GIVE" to 25383 to donate $10 to the MTV telethon.
  • Text "HAITI" to 25383 to donate $5 to the International Rescue Committee.
  • Text "HAITI" to 85944 to donate $10 to the International Medical Corps.
  • Text "YELE" to 501501 to donate $5 to the Yele Haiti foundation.
  • Text "HAITI" to 52000 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army.
  • Text "HOPE10" or "UNICEF" to 20222 to donate $10 to UNICEF.
  • Text "HABITAT" to 25383 to donate $10 to Habitat for Humanity.
  • Text "OXFAM" to 25383 to donate $10 to Oxfam America, Inc.
  • Text "HAITI" to 40579 to donate $10 to the National Religious Broadcasters.
  • Text "SAVE" or "SAFE" to 20222 to donate $10 to the Save the Children Federation, Inc.
  • Text "GIVE" or "WORLD" to 20222 to donate $10 to World Vision, Inc.
  • Text "CARE" to 24383 to donate to CARE (Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc.
  • Text "AJWS" to 25383 to donate $10 to the American Jewish World Service.
  01-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
The Hope for Haiti Now fundraiser is running on a huge block of stations tonight. There are so many celebrities volunteering to participate, I think the show will go over.

There's also another easy way to donate. If you have an iPod or iPhone, the app CauseWorld will allow you to donate to the Red Cross through karma points, and donations to Haiti right now are being doubled by the corporate sponsors of CauseWorld.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.