Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
WOW

I wanted to get out of the house, after being bed ridden, and home bound so long- decided to take in a movie.

The cost of the ticket, was 5.00 so for me and my friend to go- ten bucks. No sweat

Got 2 drinks,2 popcorns..- that was 14.40

I can't imagine how theaters are even managing these days- I guess get em in with cheap tickets, and make it all on the food/drinks

we saw The Devil- the film recently done, with the people in an elevator, and one is the Devil-
it was pretty good- some good suspense- I don't want to ruin it-
worth 5 bucks..but skip the popcorn and soda

Anyone seen anything lately?

The last exorcism is over here, saw 6 is coming out-
I know there are other horror fans on the site---
anyone tempted to see anything?

My soul to keep? Let me in?
Case 39?

lots of scary stuff lately

10-05-2010, 05:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 94 posts since Nov 2009
I wish we had a movie theater close by. The drive in is closed for the season & its over 30 miles to go to a movie which is a pain. Some of the ads for the upcoming movies look pretty good though. I'll be about 6 months behind watching them when they come out on dvd..lol
  10-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 179 posts since Nov 2009
last one we saw was "The Town" we liked it give it about 7.5 out of 10

the score represents the fact its been done many times before in many films but we thought it was really well done and all of teh actors seemed right for thier roles

as for food we take in our own a coat pocket will hold a couple of cans of diet coke and a walgreens sells the snackies well cheaper than the pictures does

unless the wife wants popcorn that is
  10-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 32 posts since Dec 2006
A ticket over here costs about £8 ($14) per person, and 2 popcorns + 2 sodas will set you back about £12 ($16).

I last saw Grown-ups. Not as good as it could have been considering the cast, but still a good laugh.