Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Salt and pepper. Peanut butter and jelly. Sarandon and Robbins.

When the Hollywood couple split last year, we were shocked. For 23 years, from 1986 to 2009, Susan, 64, and Tim, 51, lived as a happily unmarried couple and raised two sons. Much like Goldie and Kurt, they forged a partnership that wasn’t defined by a piece of paper or a minister, but was respected just as much.

By time we found out the duo had called it quits, the rumor mill was already working overtime to churn out stories about Sarandon’s romantic involvement with her 33-year-old Ping-Pong club business partner, Jonathan Bricklin.

This has never been fully confirmed or denied. Bricklin recently told New York magazine that they are not dating but "spend a lot of time together."

Sarandon relives her breakup with Robbins in a recent interview with The Telegraph and actually opens up about why she chose not to marry the man with whom she’d spent so much of her life.

On the split:
“The nation mourned. I had a lot of people who came up to me and were not as upset as I was—but were definitely upset. I did feel a sense of responsibility, because I knew that people had a certain idea of how I was and who we were.”

On not getting married to Tim Robbins:
"I've always liked the idea of choosing to be with somebody. I thought that if you didn't get married you wouldn't take each other for granted as easily. I don't know if after 20-something years that was still true."

Susan was married once. She wed college boyfriend Chris Sarandon (whose name she clearly kept) in 1967, and they divorced in 1979.