Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
The thing that I miss most about CD-H is the people I met who....ahem.....did creative things with my video game consoles and handheld systems that miraculously played games that I didn't pay for I kept in touch with some of the people but I guess I was too naive in thinking that CD-H would be around forever that I didn't save anyone's e-mail address externally because I had their info saved on my website account. Of course, I'm guessing that kind of stuff would be discouraged here. We're already pushing the envelope with trading officially released cartoons DVDs and BDs. But if I'm wrong on any of that, feel free to correct me hehehe
  05-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1 posts since May 2013
I miss CDH as well, a bunch of top notch people were members!
  05-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman666 View Post
The thing that I miss most about CD-H is the people I met who....ahem.....did creative things with my video game consoles and handheld systems that miraculously played games that I didn't pay for I kept in touch with some of the people but I guess I was too naive in thinking that CD-H would be around forever that I didn't save anyone's e-mail address externally because I had their info saved on my website account. Of course, I'm guessing that kind of stuff would be discouraged here. We're already pushing the envelope with trading officially released cartoons DVDs and BDs. But if I'm wrong on any of that, feel free to correct me hehehe
sorry rock! i suck titty! (yum)... i will get on it , and send those games to you ,.. i keep forgeting ,.. had issues arise , threw me off a bit.

i know you were not hinting anything ,.. i just saw your name here as a recent post and remembered i forgot you ,..lol old man ****!

i'll send them out by thursday.
  06-25-2013, 04:40 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1 posts since Jun 2013
Just had to chime in & say Hi to old CDH friends!
  06-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Again, all former members that I recognize will be verified here.
Former members should PM to get verified. You can be another CD-H refugee at a new home!
  07-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1 posts since Jul 2013
Ok guys the Gamemaster is here now nice to see same CD-HELPER member on here
  07-23-2013, 07:25 AM

Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to rockman666 Send a message via AIM to rockman666 Send a message via MSN to rockman666 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman666
Welcome to the family, Ken. Always nice to see a trading guru like yourself join up with an already elite forum.
  11-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1 posts since Nov 2013
Hi fellow cd-helpers

I was a relatively infrequent member but did a lot of stuff over the years with those guys. I remember doing a paypal donation a year before they closed to handle web fees so I was kind of disappointed that they let it go without asking for help (assuming that it was just money and not other issues).
This seems like a cool site for some tv stuff; anybody have a good recommendation for the console game expertise and discs?

PM or email me
  11-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I sometimes wonder if something happened to Big or kidneyboy.
I really doubt it was about money.
It may have been hacked finally, as they were using the most secure setup, and didn't have a backup.

Oh well, it's gone. Again, everybody is welcome here.

I know some things about console games. Just post in the general discussion (coffee cup) forum.
  11-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Verified Member

I talked to Big after the forum closed and he had said it was money related although, not really sure who was in charge of paying the bill. I've known him for a long time before I became a member of CD-H (I can't even remember how I found out about the forum in the first place) so I'd be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if he would lie to me about it. Either way, its gone and I've been a member on here probably just as long and I'm still here and in good company

Any chance of getting a forum dedicated to CD/DVD based console game trading, LS? I know it can be a shady topic breaking a lot more copyright laws than dealing with cartoons......but that was my primary involvement on CD-H and met a lot of good dudes in the process who I deal with privately now and would certainly love to build up something equally as cool. I'd even offer to help moderate it if its something you and the other mods would agree to. If there's something I am beyond an expert in (besides Transformers hehe).....its console games
  11-25-2013, 12:45 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
I talked to Big after the forum closed and he had said it was money related although, not really sure who was in charge of paying the bill. I've known him for a long time before I became a member of CD-H (I can't even remember how I found out about the forum in the first place) so I'd be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if he would lie to me about it. Either way, its gone and I've been a member on here probably just as long and I'm still here and in good company

Any chance of getting a forum dedicated to CD/DVD based console game trading, LS? I know it can be a shady topic breaking a lot more copyright laws than dealing with cartoons......but that was my primary involvement on CD-H and met a lot of good dudes in the process who I deal with privately now and would certainly love to build up something equally as cool. I'd even offer to help moderate it if its something you and the other mods would agree to. If there's something I am beyond an expert in (besides Transformers hehe).....its console games
lol,.. if they open such a forum Rock ,.. you would be the king of the mountain,..

but seriously, there are no issues with having a "DISCUSSIONS" thread i assume,.. AND NOT a lets trade games thread,.. we can always use "pm's" and "emails" to futher such tabooed areas.
  03-05-2014, 08:26 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1 posts since Mar 2014
I was also a user of CD-Helper off and on. I learned a lot from those guys. The first guy who traded with me was TheCopyZone, anyone remember him? I found this place searching for CD-Helper.
  03-16-2014, 01:29 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 2 posts since Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJIZZARIZZA View Post
if Big from cd-helper ever comes here , i'm out!
he was a punk bi_ch then, and i'm sure that has not change.
Hey buddy
  03-16-2014, 06:44 AM

Verified Member

Big, good to see you bro. Welcome to the elite forum that's keeping the past alive

Lots of good folk here. If you need any help with anything, let me know.
  12-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Stats: 1 posts since Dec 2016
http:// --link removed --

LS edit:

The point of TVPast is to use the site. The forums are more than a decade old, and we'll soon add a wiki and main/front-site articles. Be a member here, enjoy what we have to offer.

It's been a rule for many years now to not promote "competing" sites -- most of which are not actual competitors, just noise. I long ago got tired and disgusted with people setting up forums on those ad-driven freebie forum-maker sites, then coming here and saying "hey everybody, forget this place, go there!" Because that's essentially what you're doing.

Also: you're playing by their rules, not yours, so that site is already doomed to failure and deletion. I've been around since the 90s. I've seen that pattern play out for at least 15 years now.

Essentially, don't (try to) steal our members.
  12-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
You just found the grandpa of the community lol lol You think I m old ? Old ken been around kicking old ladies off their canes for years. he is honest, fast trader ( unlike myself lol) , and good person too. I support him
aka Gamemaster.
No issues with BIg hes honest fast too. ( although I was banned lol within his right to do so. I deserved it. I did made things right even after I was banned lol ) But that's the past. -

Infact, I had a lot of friends of over there. Just like there are lot goof cross over comics/ series. Nothing wrong with cross over members here . Rizza is Rizza lol A straight jacket couldn't refrain his opinions lol .
  11-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Stats: 2 posts since Nov 2017
Talk about reviving an old thread! of you cd-h guys still around? shoutout if you are! I still keep in touch with a couple guys KidneyBoy and Rob (he has a youtube channel now)
  11-14-2017, 11:54 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando786 View Post
Talk about reviving an old thread! of you cd-h guys still around? shoutout if you are! I still keep in touch with a couple guys KidneyBoy and Rob (he has a youtube channel now)
Glad to see CD-H is still remembered after all of these years. I can't believe how long its been gone. It seems like yesterday......that's kinda what happens when you get old, you blink and a year goes by LOL. I've sadly lost touch with a lot of the guys I kept in touch with after CD-H closed, mostly because I haven't had much reason to trade. It's hard to find stuff that I'm looking for when I already have 50tb of DVD isos.
  11-14-2017, 12:57 PM

Stats: 2 posts since Nov 2017
Quote:
Glad to see CD-H is still remembered after all of these years. I can't believe how long its been gone. It seems like yesterday......that's kinda what happens when you get old, you blink and a year goes by LOL. I've sadly lost touch with a lot of the guys I kept in touch with after CD-H closed, mostly because I haven't had much reason to trade. It's hard to find stuff that I'm looking for when I already have 50tb of DVD isos.

Ohh towards the end I remember there was a buy in group to get ahold of a PSX ISO Collection. I was so jealous I didn't have money at the time to get in. They were basically mailing the collection to each other. lol now its just one fast trip to an emulation site and it's all there.
  11-14-2017, 04:21 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando786 View Post
Ohh towards the end I remember there was a buy in group to get ahold of a PSX ISO Collection. I was so jealous I didn't have money at the time to get in. They were basically mailing the collection to each other. lol now its just one fast trip to an emulation site and it's all there.
Yeah, back then everything was on physical media so we all had rooms in our houses full of JUST discs. Now, I probably have 50 discs TOTAL in my house and everything else is on external hard drives as ISOs that I mount to virtual drive and play on a PC using a well designed emulator. I'm also a member of a few gaming sites that deal in mostly retro stuff (from PS2 and earlier) and pretty much have anything you could ever need.