Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
As several of you know, I'm looking for new work. So are others here. Along my travels in want adds, online and offline, I've seen some stupid stuff. Buzzwords, meaningless phrases, etc. Things to hate:

"Must be a team player."

"Must be a self-starter "

search engine for whole company: "JOB OPENINGS... There are no openings which meet your criteria "

I'll update this list as I find new ones. This is what I saw in the last 2 searches. I swear monkeys must write some of these things from the "moron's guide to writing want ads".
  06-17-2005, 05:24 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 24 posts since Jun 2005
The company I formerly worked for used to use both those phrases, plus..... "must have good closing skills".

Once, the newspaper misspelled it, and it came out "must have good clothing skills".

Do unto others, then run
~~~~~~~
A friend in need is a bloody nuisance
~~~~~~~
If your parents don\'t have any children, then you won\'t have any either
~~~~~~~
If God had meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets\"

-The Benny Hill Show
  07-01-2005, 12:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
In the last interview I had, the guy said, "If hired, What do you expect to get out of this place besides a paycheck". I mean how are you suppose to answer that. He also said, "If you could have any job in the world, what would it be". I told him I would love to own my own comic book/card shop one day". He gave me a 'strange' look. I mean what more could anyone hope for but to be able to work for themselves and be finacially secure, be it that or anything else.
  07-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Must have attention to detail

Don't forget that one.