Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Remakes have been around forever-
They remake music, remake movies, remake tv shows.
How many Twilight Zones did they have...well okay that isn't a remake that is bringing back something.
But, I was watching tv tonight and came across the "coming soon section"
and it was like, Omen 2006 remake
Amityville 2005 remake
Wicker man 2005 Remake
House of Wax Remake

And I hadn't thought about it, they are coming out of the woodwork lately.
Have we just run out of ideas?

Rarely can I recall liking a remake more- in some areas it seems almost disprespectful.
I watched the Remake of the shining thinking well more time more money more technology maybe it will be better
but not so much

Same thing with the remake of Salems Lot-or Willy Wonka, oh don't ge me started with that

I thought the remake of the Stepford wives was pretty decent- and thats all I can come up with for reasonable remakes.

So I just thought I would ask- anyone have any ideas on this what seems to be entertainment addiction lately?

10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It tells me there is a severe lack of originality in an industry that used to be known for it. Charlie Chaplin would be sad and critical.

Sometimes I like a re-make of a cliass, but usually not. The only way I like covers is if I already like that band, especially if I like the cover-playing band (Metallica and Pantera, especially) more than the original one.

10-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I suppose with me, this came about becuase I saw the OMEN remake.

it was ok- shrug- it wasn't badly done, they didn't insult the previous movie.
but it was the SAME movie.
Differnet people- but i was impatient watching it because there was nothing added.
If your going to redo something make it better, make it funnier, use some technology they didn't have, use a different phrase here nad there.
This was like watching the remake of Psycho, nothing was altered but the people.

I have seen covers done, and much better- I was even a fan of Manson's "Sweet dreams" remake
But see that was the thing it was different.

Usually to remake something its because you think to yourself, I could have done this better.
So if you get the chance and get the right, do something with it-
Astound me, Perplex me, make me hate it- but dont' bore me.