Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is how the calendar works:
  • Any approved user group can add to the calendar. You'll want to add a new "All-Day or Single Event"
  • New entries will be put into a queue to be approved by Site Staff or a Calendar Moderator. (Interested in becoming a calendar moderator? PM me!)

There are 3 main categories on the calendar, to add new events right now:
  1. Upcoming DVD releases
  2. New episodes of shows coming on TV
  3. New movies coming to theatre (with some relation to "TV preservation", be it a remake of a TV show or something that reminds you of an old show)

New calendar items need to abide by a few rules, and some style guidelines:
  • For Upcoming DVD Releases:
    • Thread prefix is "DVD Release:"
    • followed by name of show (i.e. The Smurfs)
    • and following by space/hyphen/space (i.e. Smurfs - )
    • and then the season or volume (i.e. The Smurfs - season 1-1). It is never "the first season", "last complete volume" or "series one" or "season one", it is always "season 1" or "volume 2" in the calendar item title. Combined season+volumes become "season x-x"
    • and finally, end it with the phrase in parentheses "(BUY NOW!)". The final title should be, for example, "DVD Release: The Smurfs - season 1-1 (BUY NOW!)"
    • IT IS NEVER IN ALL CAPS. nor is it ever in all lowercase. Use proper grammar, please -- I don't want the site looking stupid and uneducated.
    • In the body of the post itself, put down the proper name of the release as listed by Amazon. For example, "The Smurfs - Season One, Volume One". Boldface it, and then link it with the Amazon link. (One of the mods will fix it to become a TVP referral link before approving the post.)
    • Then put the text "Get it @" and followed by the Amazon link again.
    • Then some text like "Amazon has the best prices on new DVDs, with free shipping options!"
    • Then a photo. You must upload a photo to the TVPreservation photo albums, and llink to it from there. DO NOT LINK TO AN IMAGE ON ANOTHER SITE, DO NOT LINK TO A FREE IMAGE HOSTING SERVICE.
    • Then whatever else you think is useful. Maybe even your own commentary on why somebody should watch and/or buy the show?
    • It may help you to open up a past DVD release calendar item in another window or browser tab, and then just copy the style as you make your own new event listing.
  • For upcoming new episodes:
    • Thread prefix is "New Episode:"
    • Whatever info you find helpful is good, but most important is the date and time.
  • For upcoming new movies:
    • Thread prefix is "New Movie:"
    • Whatever info you find helpful is good, but most important is the release date, and a link to the official web site for the movie.

DO NOT SIMPLY LINK TO OTHER "NEWS" SITES. These include:
  • tvshowsondvd.com
  • aintitcoolnews.com
The point of this calendar is to help people find value in this site, to make it a tool that gives them all the info they need right here. I don't want to send them to other sites, else they might not come back. Keep the info here, keep this site a valuable online resource for television preservation.