Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Fathom, a tv show based on James Cameron's Abyss is set to premiere September 1.

http://www.tv.com/fathom/show/32412/summary.html
  07-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
"Fathom" has been renamed "Surface." The plot synopsis sounds like it's about an invasion rather than a native underwater population.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-01-2005, 11:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Thanks for the info, I've jotted it down for TIVOs sake. They may have made changes to the name due to Michael Turner's Fathom comic book series which I believe they plan to do a major motion picture for, of the same name. Surface look's like it might be an interesting show.
  07-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Love Michael Turner's Fathom - I didn't know they were hoping to do a film! Way cool.

This show does look very interesting - it's on my list to record. It'll be interesting to see which of the new genre-oriented shows make it past 3 or 4 episodes.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-02-2005, 04:26 AM

Verified Member

They're also working on a major motion picture for Legend of Isis! I'm really looking forward to that
  07-04-2005, 10:59 PM

Verified Member

See a preview of this Fall's Surface here:

http://www.nbc.com/Fall/Shows.shtml#earl

Also, if Surface looks to be right up your alley, check out Threshhold Fridays this Fall on CBS, its along the same lines as Surface, where aliens have inhabited the oceans. I would record it but I'm packed now with Sci Fi Fridays on the Sci Fi Channel.
  07-06-2005, 02:40 AM

Verified Member

Surface on NBC this Fall

Ever wonder what life would be like if a new form of sea life began to appear in locales all over the Earth? Naval officers in the South Antarctic Sea, a family in San Diego, the Oceanographic Institute in Monterey, and fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico are about to find out. The organisms are beautiful, but are these innocent creatures more than what they seem? Embark on this unfathomable journey to discover what might be lurking just below the surface. Cast: Lake Bell, Jay Ferguson, Rade Sherbedgia, Carter Jenkins, Leighton Meester.