Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

04-11-2008, 06:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
Columbia has preemptively picked up "Battle: Los Angeles," a sci-fi spec from scribe Chris Bertolini, for Neal Moritz to produce via his Original Films banner.

The story follows one Marine platoon's encounter in the battle against an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles.

"I love the idea, and I love the script. I like it all," Moritz said. "We are going to be in production within six months. What's attractive to me is that it's a huge event movie that can be done at a modest scale."

January's "Cloverfield" took a similar tack with the monster movie concept, though it did so with a handheld camera point-of-view. "Battle" will employ more traditional camerawork.

Ori Marmur will oversee for Original.

Sam Dickerman is shepherding on behalf of Columbia.

Moritz is behind this weekend's release of the horror remake "Prom Night" and has the romantic comedy "Made of Honor," starring Patrick Dempsey, opening May 2.

Bertolini, repped by Endeavor and Greenlit, wrote "The General's Daughter."

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif