Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Los Angeles, CA – It was one of the top syndicated shows for boys in the late '60s and early '70s, creating a massive cult following that continues to this day.

Now, BCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, has announced that it will be releasing the complete 39 episode series "Ultraman," beginning with a three-disc, 20-episode set, in its original, uncut length, on July 18th at a suggested retail price of $39.98 (retailing in most stores for under $25). The announcement was made by Greg Glass, Senior Vice President, BCI.

An abundance of special features includes:

Two collectible baseball-style cards featuring photos of Ultraman and his foes

Original Japanese audio track, with newly created English subtitles

English dubbed tracks created for the original television broadcast by the same team that voiced Speed Racer

Interviews with English dub team Peter Fernandez, Corinne Orr and the late Earl Hammond

Newly re-mastered with stereo sound and brilliant color

Each of the three DVDs will be packaged in individual slipcases, featuring photos of monsters from the series, all housed in a foil slipcase. The boxed set will include a Kajiu (monster) encyclopedia, as well as a 12-page booklet on the series.

BCI will feature a full episode of "Ultraman" at its San Diego Comic-Con booth this July. The DVD series will also be supported by a print, TV and online marketing and advertising campaign. "Volume Two," featuring the remaining 19 original episodes, will be available in October.

05-02-2006, 10:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Thank god, I was a little afraid that for whatever reason they would have to re-dub them. Glad to see I was wrong