Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-23-2006, 08:34 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Thanks to Mommy I was able to get this set today. So far so good. The picture looks great (though I can see at times minor artifacts in the background, whether it is from a transferring issue, which I believe or the source used, its very minor).

What I was hoping for and it is on the dvd- in addition to the nice US dub we have always loved, the set does contain the original Japanese audio as well as newly created english subtitles (yes true subtitles, NOT DUB-titles).
Just finished watching the first ep and left the room for a second and I could swear it did not have any end credits (which would not make any sense). I will be able to verify that once ep 2 ends--WOOO
  07-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
There were no end credits on episode 1 I havent watched anymore but one thing I noticed during the battle scene with Ultraman and the monster they switched to the Japanese audio with subs. I think perhaps the american audio didnt survive or something. Was it the same for your set??

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
yes its the same for all sets. My brother bought it last week and I watched it this week.

What I can only assume since I dont think anybodys actually emailed BCI is that the US dub did not survive which is why it automatically pops up with english subtitles

Some of the monsters in that show were ummmm special to say the least ha ha ha ha
  07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
LMAO! ULTRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN ! :P
  07-26-2006, 08:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
The other issue I did notice is that when it did switch back to japanese audio, sometimes the subtitles would NOT show. I would hear the language, notice the subs being on track 2 with nothing displayed. This is an error on their half, though a small one to say the least