Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
IT'S COMING BABY!!

FUNimation Entertainment was announced as the home video, broadcast and theatrical distributor at the 2006 Comic-Con International in San Diego, with a November 21, 2006 release date for the DVD

PRESS RELEASE

Fort Worth, TX, August 2, 2006 -- FUNimation® Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation and the market share leader for home video sales of Japanese animation in the United States, announced today that it has acquired rights to the feature film "Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles" from Harmony Gold. In the agreement, FUNimation acquired home video, broadcast and theatrical rights to this movie that delivers the continuation that fans have been anticipating for 20 years.

"Robotech is the series that introduced an entire generation to anime," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation. "It captured fans with its tremendous storylines and great storytelling. The Robotech series also ended on a cliffhanger that left fans waiting for 20 years. FUNimation is very excited to be part of the team that will bring expectant fans the ending they have been waiting for in Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles."

"While I watched over Robotech for the past twenty years, we were met with boundless enthusiasm from fans and companies alike," explained Frank Agrama, executive producer and CEO of Harmony Gold. "Robotech has a timeless quality that will live on forever. Then when I met this enthusiastic leader named Gen from FUNimation, I knew he had the right energy to help us take it twenty more years into the future."

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, is the latest exciting chapter of the Robotech saga. A heroic cast of returning characters, led by Scott Bernard and Vince Grant, fight to end a decades-long struggle against an enigmatic alien race known as the Invid. However, the mysterious disappearance of the legendary Admiral Hunter will unfold in a treacherous mystery that could tear apart our young heroes and threaten their very survival!

Tommy Yune, director of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, explains, "Beneath the mesmerizing science fiction and anime world of Robotech, lies a palette of endearing characters that have become a part of the lives of countless fans. We couldn’t leave their story unfinished. It’s about time for Robotech to open this new chapter and more!"

Featuring the voices of Mark Hamill (Star Wars) and Chase Masterson (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), the animation of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles also takes a generational leap into the future through a technological marriage of CG graphics beautifully composited with vibrant anime characters. The heightened production values showcase high-definition video, 5.1 digital surround sound, and an incredible musical score performed by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. FUNimation plans to release the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles DVD on November 21, 2006.
  08-03-2006, 01:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Totally Awesome!!!!!!!!